Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: Trim plate say 425 Dark Red

Hi Ralph,
Shooting from the hip here, Oxblood is a maroon color, darker than what I remember '74 red interiors being.

Now not shooting from the hip, if you are needing vinyl/hard plastic dye (paint), you should be able to take your "425" color code and get the correct color from either Al Knoch or from one of the corvette vendors like Corvette Central. Or you should be able to take your "425" color code to a well stocked autobody supply and have that matched up with the SEMS brand vinyl/plastic dye. Or you should be able to go to a PPG automotive paint dealer with your "425" color code and get the correct color in vinyl/plastic dye (in the PPG DBI line I believe). You will also need to get a plastic adhesion promoter, which acts as a primer. Whomever you get the paint from should be able to provide the promoter. You'll need to clean your hard parts well before painting to remove any silicon dressings used in the past (i.e. ArmourAll) to avoid having the paint fisheye on you. Wash several times with Dawn dish washing soap and warm water and then follow with a liberal wipe down of wax & grease remover.

HTH, good luck with your project

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom