Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! Trouble with the dash. 79'

Totalamnesia

Corvette
1979 Silver L82
I'm trying to take the dash off of my 79' Vette so I can check the headlights out. I'm having a bit of trouble. Can anyone help?

I'm trying to take the dash off of my 79' Vette so I can check the headlights out. I'm having a bit of trouble. Can anyone help?

Are you trying to remove the whole dashpad or just the speedo/tech? If the speedo tech, loosen the 2 bolts that hold the steering column to the support bracket so it will drop down. After you remove the screws holding the speedo to the dashpad, it will pull forward.

Gary

Are you trying to remove the whole dashpad or just the speedo/tech? If the speedo tech, loosen the 2 bolts that hold the steering column to the support bracket so it will drop down. After you remove the screws holding the speedo to the dashpad, it will pull forward.

Gary

I can hear air leakage under the dash next to the steering wheel when I try to turn my headlights on. I have a feeling that there is a hole in the vacuum hose near that spot, and that's why my headlights aren't coming up.

Not to sound stupid, but did you check the manual headlight door switch under the steering column to see if a hose fell off there? I assume the 79 has the same switch as my 81. This happened on mine. You can reach it without having to take any of the dash appart.

Good luck:w

There should be to the left of the steering column,a small black lever.
this is to open the headlites without having to turn the lites on.
it should be held in with a phillips head screw.if this is ok then you'll have to check the headlite switch.
Good Luck......

I fixed the leak that I was hearing thanks to you guys, but my headlights still won't come up at all! Does anyone know what the problem could be?

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom