Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

True Dual Exhaust with Dual High Flow Cats and Flowmaster Delta 50's

Bob,

WOW:eek! That wounds nice, just the right amount of ballsiness...me likes:D :upthumbs.

- Eric:w

Bob- Thats pretty cool.Sounds like a vette should.Are you happy with the results?

Dave

Ran the car for about 75 miles this morning at speeds anywhere from 0 - 80mph. Volume is not a problem. There is some resonation from 1000 - 1500 rpm but above and below that the sound in the car is no louder than the mufflers that were on it. At 70 mph we were able to hold a normal conversation with no problem. It was not that loud during hard acceleration either.

Powerwise it seems to be a little more responsive from the bottom end, at least it sounds like it. Didn't really notice any difference under higher rpm acceleration.

Bob

Wow Bob!!

That sounds really mean. When I get my rear put back together I'm going to take some video of my exhaust just to see what it sounds like. Since I never let anyone else drive the car, I've never really heard what it sounds like :)

I guess you had the exhaust shop do the custom exhaust? It looks really good. I like the crossover. It's different from all the others I've seen.

Keep up the good work. Next task, paint! :) :)

Cheers,

Russ

Thats perfect. Im getting that in the springtime. How much $$. Who installed it? Do you have headers?

It was done by Magic Muffler in Norcross, GA. No headers on the car. Cost was around $800.

Russ, I decided to go ahead and have a shop do it. The difference between the parts' prices and the labor was only about $250.

Bob- They did a real nice professional job on that system.I think $800 is money well spent.

Dave

Thanks Dave. The place has a reputation in the area for giving you good overall value.

I'm very happy with it. Set off my first car burglar alarm today pulling out of a parking space in a Krogers.:dance

Bob

Bob- I just thought of something.With that all welded together,what if you need to drop your tranny or pull you rear end out.Don't those pipes go through the crossmember?

Dave

Bob, looks and sounds great! Really nice job all around. :upthumbs

One question, is the crossover pipe necessary? I've been thinking about the same mod on my 80 and was wondering why the crossover pipe was needed. Just curious.

Thanks,
Steve :w:upthumbs

The posts here have suggested that it balances the flow, which assists with breathing and smooths things out.

The 2 1/4 inch pipe didn't drop any of the low end torque, something I was warned about if I went to 2 1/2 with the low horsepower 77 engine.

I like it. You won't be disappointed.

Bob

Thanks Bob. I'm planning on waiting till I fail my next sniff check, then will replace the exhaust to meet the minimum repair bill and get my waiver.

Anyway, now I know why I need to set it up like yours. By the way, where did you get the Cats?

Steve :w

Sounds sweeeeeeeeeet..... I'm having true duels put on my '77 vette next week by Tony's Corvette Shop. Can't wait. Hoss

Hoss, let us know how it works out. I've been looking for a good Corvette shop in the area, and haven't seen one yet.

Steve :w

Steve, from what I've seen and heard, this is the place. Check out Tony's web page at Tony's Corvette Shop.com. Hoss

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom