Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Truely Amazing product!!!

lov-n-life

Corvette
2004 Commemorative Coupe
Alright, I don't sell this stuff, even though this is about to sound like a sales pitch! (Hey, word of mouth is the best advertising!)

Alright, so I've been detail cars since I was 16 (That's 13 years now... man I'm getting old) and I've tried just about every product on the market. Well a friend of mine from the Porsche Club has an absolutely beautifil red 928. Everyone is always asking him what he uses to detail and he says RejeX. Never heard of this stuff? Neither have any of us. Turns out it is just one product in a line of several from CorrosionX originally developed for Aircraft. So I finally gave in and decided to try "one more product." Well he gave me a brochure and a free bottle to try (he is a reseller). This stuff runs about $18 per bottle retail. This stuff recommends you strip the car of all waxes, so this weekend a friend of mine and I stripped my vette and their Miata with dishwashing liquid (don't cringe, it was well worth it). RejeX is not a polish or traditional wax in that the paint must be in good condition to begin with and clean, as it will not remove anything from the paint. Once washed and dried, and in the shade, application was with a random-orbital buffer and by hand in areas the buffer couldn't get, to include all the glass, lights, etc. Extremely easy on and easy off. So far I'm extremely impressed. My friend's red Miata has never looked better, and the vette is like glass. Drove it in the rain the other night and expected the next day to have a dirty car, but the rain fall after the car was parked again rinsed of the road grime! They claim bugs, bird droppings, etc will rinse off with just water. I'll see how well that calim holds up over the next week. If anyone is interested, you can read about at at www.corrosionx.com under RejeX. If you are interested, I'll try to work out a discount with my friend who is a reseller.

Word of mouth, AND writing up the results (on this website) of a product is the best advertising!
I just used Collinite's "Marque D' Elegance" car wax on the LT-1 yesterday, and all I can say is Thanks very much to all those who wrote about the Collinite products in the care & detailing forum. I was VERY happy with the results after using this wax. The cars finish looks, and feels like glass.

-John

I saw a guy selling RejeX at Bowling Green and was tempted....but I've got about $80 in a sack of Zaino and still don't seem to have everything needed :eyerole

Let's have a report on whether bugs rinse off the front end after a "Corvette speed" highway run!

Quick follow up

Alright, so I've had RejeX on my car for a week now. My car is a daily driver and no covered parking (sacrelige I know). Here's the run down. The car has seen morning dew, 100+ air temps along with sitting in the sun, driven in the rain, sat in the rain followed by 85+ sun drying. LOTS of pollen in the air, baked on bugs (see 100+ degrees and daily driver), etc. Mid week I went by a do-it-yourself car wash, threw in 50 cents and used just the rinse to knock off the bugs, brake dust, pollen and general road grime. Car has looked great all week, even after driving in the rain! The rain rinsed off the majority of the grime picked up while driving in it. Today I went to the car wash again and wasted a dollar. I paid $2, but had no need for anything but the rinse again. That knocked off what couple of bugs were on there, the brake dust from the wheels (yes, I rejexed the wheels too), and what few spots from pollen got on the car from rinsing earlier in the week. This is really some great stuff. I did notice that outside of my windshield wiper's path there is still a light film of grime on the windshield, so I'm sure the entire car needs some actual soap and a gentle handwash. All in all, best stuff I've ever used on my car! Will keep you all updated on longevity of the product through out the summer.

Here is a little more info on this product.

http://www.e-tackle.com/rejeX.htm
16 oz. Bottle
price: $17.95
FREE SHIPPING! USA Only

http://www.x-autoproducts.com/pages/product_rejex.htm
16 oz @ $17.95 + S&H

http://www.corrosionx.com/online2.htm
STOCK NO. PRODUCT DESC. UNIT PRICE
61002 16 oz. bottle $19.95

http://www.bethel-marine.com/CorrosionX_REJEX.htm
$17.95 on the net. $14.95 + FL tax @ the counter
Melbourne, FL

INSTRUCTIONS
Shake well and apply to a cool surface with a clean, dry cloth.

After RejeX dries to a haze (like a wax), simply wipe it off. Unlike waxes that
require strenuous rubbing or buffing to remove, RejeX easily wipes on and off.

Allow RejeX to cure for 12 hours out of the elements.

For optimum protection, reapply every 4-6 months as needed.

REJEX: FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

How much RejeX is needed to treat various sized vehicles?
The RejeX coating is very thin (approximately 1 micron), so a little goes a very long way. A 16 oz. bottle should cover:
• 4 economy or sports cars
• 3 regular SUVs or large sedans
• A 35' boat or RV
• A single-engine airplane tip to tail

How long does RejeX last?
Longevity varies depending on various environmental factors, including:
• If RejeX was applied properly per instructions (i.e. a clean, cool surface, etc.)?
• How long was RejeX allowed to cure before the vehicle was returned to service
• Where the vehicle is stored: garaged, hangered, or stored outside
• Frequency of washing and kind (if any) of detergent is used
• The kind of contaminants the vehicle is regularly exposed to
Typically, RejeX lasts between 6 and 8 months, although we have numerous reports from customers who say it lasted well over a year.

High abrasion areas, like leading edges airplane wings, may require more frequent application - perhaps every 3-4 months.

The label states that RejeX needs to cure "out of the elements" for twelve hours. For larger vehicles like commercial trucks, RVs and boats that are stored outdoors, how can that be accomplished?By "out of the elements" we mean to avoid direct sunlight that could heat the application surface excessively. Also, don't apply RejeX when there's a probability of imminent rain. It's important to select a good day and apply RejeX in an area where the vehicle is not likely to get stains on it (tree sap, bird droppings, etc.) until RejeX has had a chance to cure.

What happens if my vehicle gets wet before the 12-hour curing interval is complete?Moisture absorbed from the air is the catalyst that causes RejeX to polymerize (turn into a polymer). The longer it cures - up to about 12 hours - the more durable the finish. Usually if RejeX gets any curing time at all (even an hour or two), it's going to outlast most waxes. If the product gets a little wet while it's curing (e.g. a light sprinkle or morning dew), there's usually not a problem. Try to avoid heavy rain and lawn sprinklers until RejeX has had at least several hours of curing time.

Can you use RejeX over wax?
While RejeX will certainly work over wax and give you the benefits of enhanced gloss, superior protection for your paint and rejection of stains, it's better to put RejeX right on top of the paint. Waxes are typically much softer and less durable than RejeX. When RejeX is put on top of wax - even though RejeX will protect and extend the life of the wax - eventually the wax will degrade. When that occurs, the RejeX protection will wash off with the old wax (since in this case RejeX is bonded to the wax rather than directly to the paint). To get full longevity out of the product, use RejeX instead of wax.

Is there any benefit to applying a second coat of RejeX?Yes, there are some benefits to multiple coats. A second coat will add luster, provide more UV protection and the vehicle will be protected longer. For problem areas like diesel soot on the transom of large boat and black streaks common on RVs and boats that are stored outside, a second application of RejeX is sometimes needed to reject these stains. For the added benefit, it is important to allow RejeX to cure fully between coats.

Does RejeX contain UV inhibitors?
There are no specific UV inhibitors added to RejeX. That being said, RejeX will still provide better protection against UV deterioration and fading that most wax-type products. RejeX is a tough, impermeable polymer film, so just by its more durable nature it's going to outlast and out-protect waxes. Waxes have a very limited lifespan, and as they degrade they lose their ability to protect from environmental damage. That's why most wax-type products must add UV inhibitor chemicals.

In addition, RejeX seals paint behind a polymer film barrier, which effectively retards the oxidation process. Finally, RejeX has an extraordinarily high light refractive index, which means that the majority of the light spectrum (including UV) is being rejected from the surface rather than being allowed to penetrate into the paint.

Why can't RejeX be used porous, oxidized paint?RejeX contains no cleaning agents or micro-abrasives, which are contained in most waxes and all polishes. RejeX was formulated in this manner in order to be completely safe to use on airplane windshields, but it's also safe to use on glass, Plexiglas, Eisenglass (the clear vinyl windows used on boat canvas and some convertibles) and all clear coat finishes. Without these polishing micro-abrasives, RejeX will not compound/polish off oxidized paint.

What makes a RejeX protected vehicle easier to clean?RejeX leaves a film coating that's so non-porous and slick most contaminants can't penetrate or adhere to it. Certainly the acids in bug splats, bird droppings, tree sap, exhaust deposits, brake dust and other contaminants commonly encountered in normal driving conditions won't penetrate RejeX. While these contaminants will still get on your car, since they can't stick, cleaning them off is much easier.

Will RejeX help clean my vehicle?RejeX is not a cleaner. It is important to get your vehicle as clean as possible prior to applying the product. RejeX leaves a durable protective barrier, but it will seal in stains just as effectively as it seals them out.

Will RejeX keep hard water stains and mineral deposits off my boat or car?Mineral deposits and water spots will be greatly reduced and generally can be wiped right off.

Can RejeX be used on the 3M Paint Protection Clear Film products used to protect the front of cars and RVs?Yes. The Scotchgard™ films are very good for protecting paint from small road debris that can chip paint, but bugs and other road grime can be difficult to clean off the material. RejeX makes the cleanup process much easier.

Will RejeX keep the black streaks off my boat and RV?
It won't keep them off, but it makes them much easier to clean. For problem areas like black streaks, a second application of RejeX is sometimes needed to reject these stains.

Should I put RejeX on just the leading edges (front) of my airplane and RV, or should I treat the whole vehicle?Many people start using RejeX on the front of their RVs and on the leading edges of aircraft to make bug removal easy. However, once they see the deep, lustrous finish RejeX leaves, and once they see how much easier it is to apply than waxes, they often go ahead and do the whole vehicle. RejeX is easier to apply than waxes, lasts much longer, makes vehicles easier to clean and provides superior protection. When you factor in the cost of applying wax several times compared to a single RejeX application and the time saved in keeping your vehicles clean, RejeX is also an outstanding value. Why would anyone ever go back to wax?

Tom :w

The First Coat Is On

AND AWSOME!

Well the first coat is on and the second goes on tomorrow morning then unless you tell me different, that will be it for 2-3 months.

I thought the Rejex went on more difficultly than I expected - eveness etc., but it really surprised me how easily it came off.

First I tried an orbital with terry cloth, then I tried one of the micro towels and finally a nice new cotton T-shirt. None were difficult, but the T-shirt was by far the easiest. I did notice that you have to be careful b/c Rejex will dry white in the seams. :( but hey you get that with most waxes.

The semi-final product is spectacluar on the Dark Bowling Green Metalic. If it holds up, there will definately be a convert here!

Tom :beer

MM-C5 said:
AND AWSOME!

Well the first coat is on and the second goes on tomorrow morning then unless you tell me different, that will be it for 2-3 months.

I thought the Rejex went on more difficultly than I expected - eveness etc., but it really surprised me how easily it came off.

First I tried an orbital with terry cloth, then I tried one of the micro towels and finally a nice new cotton T-shirt. None were difficult, but the T-shirt was by far the easiest. I did notice that you have to be careful b/c Rejex will dry white in the seams. :( but hey you get that with most waxes.

The semi-final product is spectacluar on the Dark Bowling Green Metalic. If it holds up, there will definately be a convert here!

Tom :beer

Hi Tom! Glad to hear you've got it on! I haven't had any issues with eveness when I put it on. I used a 12 inch random orbital with a terry cloth bonnet to apply it and a terry cloth coated foam hand applicator to get where the buffer couldn't. Applied in the shade, below 85 degrees and had no issues. Let it sit for 20 minutes, buffed off with a lambs whool style bonnet on the buffer and a clean terry cloth towel by hand in areas the buffer couldn't get to and viola! Love it! Second coat went on last weekend and today was the first day I rinsed the car off at the car wash. Had some bird crap that had dried on the car the night I applied the second coat that has been baking all week and although a little more difficult to just hose off than most stuff, it did come off with the high pressure hose. I think I'm going to pick up some detail spray and keep it and a soft cloth in the car for just such occasions so I don't have to wash the entire car down as often. However with the second coat, no water spots and I just drove it to dry it off! With one coat I noticed that it did pick up a little bit of dust before it was completely dry and it left some spots that rinsed right off, but with two coats, it seems that issue is gone too. With one coat being great and two being a noticable improvement over that, I'm curious what three coats would do!!!! :D

lov-n-life said:
I used a 12 inch random orbital with a terry cloth bonnet to apply it and a terry cloth coated foam hand applicator to get where the buffer couldn't. Applied in the shade, below 85 degrees and had no issues. Let it sit for 20 minutes, buffed off with a lambs whool style bonnet on the buffer and a clean.
I can do that! Will give it a try. I don't know if I am spreading too thick or too thin, but I'd like to get a uniform coverage.

Later!

:w

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom