Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

trying to find info on Z07 option

supernatural400

Corvette
1993 SuperNatural 400 #5 /99 LS1 Z28 N2O equipped
Can anybody point me to any tech articles that explain this RPO code and what included in it

Rpo Zo7

Seeing that your post was from 2001, and I don't know if you have ascertained the information that you were seeking, I'll go ahead and respond. The ZO7 code was introduced in 1991 when it was introduced with the adjustable suspension. What Set it apart was the stiffer springs, thicker sway bars, and I understand that the wheels are the same deminsions at all corners; 17x9.5. I have a 1994, so that is the set up on my car. The ZO7 cars were built to go racing, and GM wanted those with a Pro Solo License to obtain these cars so they would be used appropriatly. I don't know if many of them were used in the specific races, but Im glad that I lucked up and found one, as they are responsive cars. I did forget to mention that the ZO7 cars also have a quicker ratio steering box.

Also, the Z07 option included the J55 brake package - larger/thicker front rotors (13" vs 12") and calipers specific for the rotors.

And the FX3 selective ride control shock system

Z07 combined the z51, Fx3, J55 13" brakes, and oil cooler into a pakage called Adjustable Performance for $2550. Go to this link in the Action Center for a chart on all the suspensions in the C4; http://corvetteactioncenter.com/tech/c4/susp_chart.html
The 1991 was the stiffest of them all, as they softened it up in subsequent years. Its basically the same setup as the Corvette Callenge racing series cars sold in previous years.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom