Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

TSW's and General GMAX A?S Tires

D

DrNavyRet

For 1685, I purchased new TSW's and and tires and TPMS's and gorilla Lugs - mounted and balance from Discount Tire Direct. Worked with Danny and I will say that they are extremely nice to work with. So this AM, I played garage guy and lit up my convection heater and proceeded to remove the old chrome thin spokes shod with GY RF's and mount up the new beasts. I'm all set, torqued down and ready to train the sensors. Follow the instructions and nothing happens! No horn beep. So I remember reading that sometimes you have to wake up the sensors; no problem and out on the road I go. It's a real pleasure to drive the car on new rubber with slightly softer sidewalls. I am waiting for alarms to go off since I have not activated the sensors. Nothing happens so I punch up on the DIC tire pressure for the front and rear and there is a reading for each tire! What's going on? Did DTD activate the sensors? Did I miss a step? Can someone enlighten me?

The mystery continues. Took the car out for a run again today. I have driven the car a total of 50 miles and there is still tire pressure reading on the DIC. I tried to train the TPMS's again before the ride and nothing happened with the L front tire so I just closed the ignition. Makes no sense! Any ideas?

Here it is 2May and as I took "her" out for a spin, I checked the tire pressure monitor on the DIC and there it was showing good numbers. How is this possible when I did not activate them with the magnet? When my wheels and tires came in from DTD, I took off one tire at a time and mounted up the new one immediately. I went around the car in the remove one and bolt up the new one program. Could his have self activated the sensors? At first I thought that the old tires being about 6 feet from the car was the culprit; but I sold them 10 days ago and the TPMS has been working without the old wheels and tires by the car. Any thoughts? I'm beginning to think my '04 has a genie stashed somewhere.:D

See if the DIC will give you six numbers and then get down and buy a powerball ticket Doc......:D I have no idea why your sensors are working but if they are giving accurate readings I would just smile and go with it. Post some pics of the new set up on car.....

See if the DIC will give you six numbers and then get down and buy a powerball ticket Doc......:D I have no idea why your sensors are working but if they are giving accurate readings I would just smile and go with it. Post some pics of the new set up on car.....

have no idea how to attach pictures. I can send you an email with pics.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom