Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! Tune up multi missing issue

captainrags

Corvette
1996 red coupe lt4 manual 6 speed
Decided to replace the distributor cap quite a preformence and replaced all new plugs AC 41-943. After finishing it would not start so used some starting fluid with no air cleaner on it sounding terible and missing would not start with out using the starting fluid so decided to remove the distributor again to check proper placement and found no problem started again and got code 350?. # 5 not firing removed that plug it looked good, did spark checks on 2-4-and 5 all had spark run it again got code #300 Radom multiple cylinder missfire.
Can sombody give me info on this issue please as I had blown a radiator hose prior to all this work I am suspecting coil and or moudle.
LT 4 1996 99,000 miles.

Intermittant Miss

Check the coil wire from the opti to the coil--closely! Mine had a split in the boot at the opti, and the spark was jumping to the back of the water pump!

Just an idea but did you put all the plug wires back correctly?

Yes and tripple checked all plug wires. New coil wire, definatley in correct however black wire and red plug wires. What item suplys all plugs. i suspect a faulty coil or module???

Check the coil wire from the opti to the coil--closely! Mine had a split in the boot at the opti, and the spark was jumping to the back of the water pump!

On top of the opti there is a wire connector that if water gets in it the car will do what your are describing. The same thing happened when I blew a heater hose over mine. After I cleaned and dryed it out the car ran fine.

Thank you for the help coment i installed a new distributor cap and rotor and the two conections are deinatly dry and clean

On top of the opti there is a wire connector that if water gets in it the car will do what your are describing. The same thing happened when I blew a heater hose over mine. After I cleaned and dryed it out the car ran fine.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom