Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

turbo's ?

Corvette
1989 Callaway Twin Turbo Aerobody Coupe
Can someone give me the exact model number and specs of the callaway turbo.I here it is a T04 but there are so many can some be more specific. Thanks

They're the Rotomaster T04B's if I'm not mistaking. Wastegates are rotomaster too!

Who did the intercoolers? Spearco??

I have experimental Callaway intercoolers w/ carbon end tanks and they're from their "the speiss" project. They're german made but I'm not sure by who, either Langer& Reich or Behr, both from Stuttgart.

Does anyone know?

intercoolers3.jpg

Marck

I don't think Rotomaster T04B gives the whole picture. There are still many variations. I can try to pull some numbers off the spare I have... I'm not sure that they would be consistent with all '88-'91 turbos that were installed or if they could have changed through the production cycle.

Interesting intercoolers by the way! I wonder how well the carbon end tanks work as opposed to the stock aluminum ones.

Yeah, there are indeed many variations like VII, Y, and so on.

The difference is in the compressor & turbine housing. The higher perf. ones have a turbine housing w/ 2 slots instead of one. The main difference is in the AR indication.

I'm not sure how much better or worse the carbon tanks are.
One thing is that it's possible to remove the tanks and position them the other ay around. Also, the units are very light but the savings over aluminium are probably minimal.

It's probably more about looks than anything else.

Marck

Model Number

Callaway for Fun,

Here is the model number you wanted:

RM26AS063A18

Stan

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom