Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Turn Signal Bulb replacement

Reno Rob

Corvette
2006 Monterey Red Vert
1999 C5---After accessing the area of the bulb, what is the trick to remove the bulb itself?

Another way is to have the hood and headlights up so that you can get your hand and arm down in there to reach it. That is how I replaced mine. It was a stretch but i got it.

Simplest way I found was to reach in from the front, push back the brake duct and move it to the side and then reach in and remove the socket. Pull the socket out the brake duct inlet and change the bulb. Installation is the reverse. No tools required, about 5 minutes and can be done anywhere.

C5 Turn Signal Bulb Replacement - Works!

vettenuts said:
Simplest way I found was to reach in from the front, push back the brake duct and move it to the side and then reach in and remove the socket. Pull the socket out the brake duct inlet and change the bulb. Installation is the reverse. No tools required, about 5 minutes and can be done anywhere.

I must say this was the easiest bulb replacement yet! No Tools required! Big Up For This Post! :_rock

Another way is to have the hood and headlights up so that you can get your hand and arm down in there to reach it. That is how I replaced mine. It was a stretch but i got it.
I used this method and in addition removed the black plastic faring around the headlight. This made it much easier to reach. ALSO NOTE THAT WHILE THE OWNER'S MANUAL FOR MY 2000 SAID THE BULB WAS A 3057, IT WAS ACTUALLY A 3157NA. Probably best to remove the bulb and check to see what was installed before making the purchase.:)

I used this method and in addition removed the black plastic faring around the headlight. This made it much easier to reach. ALSO NOTE THAT WHILE THE OWNER'S MANUAL FOR MY 2000 SAID THE BULB WAS A 3057, IT WAS ACTUALLY A 3157NA. Probably best to remove the bulb and check to see what was installed before making the purchase.:)

I purchased the 3057NA on my 2000 and it seems to me it is brighter than the other side. I know the common sense fix would be to replace the dimmer bulb to match the new one - but what is the significance of the "NA" and why doesn't the manufacturer suggest it? ;shrug

I purchased the 3057NA on my 2000 and it seems to me it is brighter than the other side. I know the common sense fix would be to replace the dimmer bulb to match the new one - but what is the significance of the "NA" and why doesn't the manufacturer suggest it? ;shrug

The "NA" indicates that the bulb is amber.

The "NA" means normally aspirated. I replaced mine with non-NA bulbs. They were quite a bit brighter, but I lost almost 75HP. :upthumbs

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom