Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Turn Signal Problems now in '81

C3Vette Lady

Corvette
1981 Red Coupe, 1973 Big BlockStingray
Ok, all you experts! I need some more help. When I took my '81 in to be painted, the turn signals worked perfectly along with all the other lights (minus the inside dome). When I got it back, the turn signals didn't work inside on the dash or outside. Checked all the bulbs, replaced the flasher, what else should I try? The emergency flashers work but the back up lights do not now either. Already tried doing a search on here under C3 turn signals, but nothing showed up. Thanks mucho!

C3Vette Lady said:
Ok, all you experts! I need some more help. When I took my '81 in to be painted, the turn signals worked perfectly along with all the other lights (minus the inside dome). When I got it back, the turn signals didn't work inside on the dash or outside. Checked all the bulbs, replaced the flasher, what else should I try? The emergency flashers work but the back up lights do not now either. Already tried doing a search on here under C3 turn signals, but nothing showed up. Thanks mucho!

Lanelle,
My $$ would be on a poor ground connection. "Turn Signals" Since they worked before the paint job, and don't work now.....
  • Shop used the wrong bulbs
  • Left ground connections off
  • Light sockets need cleaning or replaced
Check the common ground point near the drivers door up under the dash, also the ground point on the frame in the back under the rear bumper assy.

Have a little discussion with the Paint Shop! ;)

BudD
:bu :w

Turn signal

Ok Bud - heading out to check out your suggestions right now. Will let you know what I find out. Thanks!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom