Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: Turn signal

A1Avette79

Corvette
1979 White Coupe
My drivers side turn signal has stopped working. When you turn it on the bulb goes out. When the headlights are on the tail lights works. I replaced the bulb but still doesn't work. The passenger side works although it seems to be flashing slower than normal. If the flasher unit was bad wouldn't both sides not work?

My drivers side turn signal has stopped working. When you turn it on the bulb goes out. When the headlights are on the tail lights works. I replaced the bulb but still doesn't work. The passenger side works although it seems to be flashing slower than normal. If the flasher unit was bad wouldn't both sides not work?

Same thing was happing to mine it was a bad ground on the rear check all grounds and clean them up I bet it will fix it

Bad grounds are a common thing on our C3's. Follow the wires from the taillights = IIRC, the rear light ground is on the left side. Can't hurt to also check the forward light grounds- they're on the core support and then the core support to the frame too.

The OP's description is a pretty classic sign of a bad ground,.

:beer

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom