Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! Turn signals, Hazards, break lights, and cigarette lighter are out.

C-3_Joshua

Corvette
1982 Black T-Top
Turn signals, Hazards, break lights, and cigarette lighter are all not working all of a sudden. They were working just fine then I noticed the cigarette light went out, then the turn signal then the brake lights. All fuses seem to be okay and I replaced the flasher 552. I just had the wiring harness cleaned up/worked professionally last fall. Any thoughts as to what is causing all of this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Turn signals, Hazards, break lights, and cigarette lighter are all not working all of a sudden. They were working just fine then I noticed the cigarette light went out, then the turn signal then the brake lights. All fuses seem to be okay and I replaced the flasher 552. I just had the wiring harness cleaned up/worked professionally last fall. Any thoughts as to what is causing all of this?

Your cigarette light might have popped a fuse that also controls your 4 way flasher and brake lights, and your 4 way flasher switch may be in the "on" position but the 4 ways and brake lights won't work because of the bad fuse, and the turn signals won't work with the hazard switch in the on position. Just a guess, but I have seen it happen.

Your cigarette light might have popped a fuse that also controls your 4 way flasher and brake lights, and your 4 way flasher switch may be in the "on" position but the 4 ways and brake lights won't work because of the bad fuse, and the turn signals won't work with the hazard switch in the on position. Just a guess, but I have seen it happen.

Thank you so much. This was helpful. The cigarette lighter now works as well as the courtesy lights. However I still don’t have hazards, turn signals, or brake lights. Any thoughts? Thank you again!

Thank you so much. This was helpful. The cigarette lighter now works as well as the courtesy lights. However I still don’t have hazards, turn signals, or brake lights. Any thoughts? Thank you again!

It was the rear ground wire!!! Now I’ve got to figure out why the brake lights still done work.

It was the rear ground wire!!! Now I’ve got to figure out why the brake lights still done work.

Do the left and rear turn signals and tail lights work good together when they are both being used at the same time?

Do the left and rear turn signals and tail lights work good together when they are both being used at the same time?

Yes the do. Because the hazards and brake lights are still not working I’m wondering if it’s the brake light switch? It would t be the turn signal switch would it? The turn signals are working fine.

Yes the do. Because the hazards and brake lights are still not working I’m wondering if it’s the brake light switch? It would t be the turn signal switch would it? The turn signals are working fine.

The hazard flashers do not work? You need to find out why. Make sure that the hazard switch is not in the "on" position, if it is turn it to the off position and see if the brake lights work. Make sure that the brake light switch has power to it and is properly adjusted. Check all your fuses with a test light, do not just look at them, you need to see voltage on both sides of the fuse and the fuse connector.

The hazard flashers do not work? You need to find out why. Make sure that the hazard switch is not in the "on" position, if it is turn it to the off position and see if the brake lights work. Make sure that the brake light switch has power to it and is properly adjusted. Check all your fuses with a test light, do not just look at them, you need to see voltage on both sides of the fuse and the fuse connector.

You nailed it! It was bad fuses that appeared good. Now everything is up and running. I’m really grateful to you, LLC5! Thanks for your time.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom