Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! Turn signals won't work and I get a buzzer sound

S

SS Racing

I have a 2000 Corvette that I am making into a track car.

The other day I noticed that when I used my turn signals, they did not flash and there was a buzzer sound from behind the dash - maybe in the hazard button area.

At the track I found the fuse for the cigarette lighter was blown (I think I shorted the wire while working on the dash) but the turn signals started working.

I replaced the fuse and the turn signals stopped working and the buzzer started sounding when I tried them. It also buzzes when I use the hazards. The toggle switch is off and nothing in the cigarette lighter. The turn signals aren't on the same circuite as the cigarette lighter.

Anyone have an idea what would cause the buzzer sound?
Maybe that will help me diagnose the problem.

Additional information.

I checked the car and the turn signals and emergency flashers were not working. Got the buzzer sound when trying either. Brake lights work.

I pulled the fuse on the cigarette lighter but did not fix the problem. May be unrelated.

I checked fuses in the passenger floor board for turn signals, hazards, etc. All were good.

I drove the car for about 30 miles. After that the signals and the hazard started working fine. WTH?

Interesting. Never heard of one going bad.
But I'll replace it. Thanks for the help. :beer

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom