Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

twin hole throttlebody vs single hole TB's

J

johnny

C4's use twin tb's. Why? Is it better then single holes? The LS1 engine uses single 70mm.

Who knows?

86 tpi zf-6 Modified L98 270hp & 317 lb.ft Rearwheelpower

Johnny, if your engine is big enough to utilize it, you too can get a mono-blade throttle body. They flow something like 1300 cfm.

_ken :w

Ken,

Yes, I know. TPIS sells them. But I want to know the difference.

The difference is airflow capacity of course!

Because of the TB mounting surface the bore diameter is limited and you an imagine the monoblade having a larger surface (flow) area than the double blade TB.

Marck

I was just wondering...

Do you two guys from Holland ever get together?

the reason G.M. chose 2 side-by-side throttle blade throttle bodys was simply a matter of hood clearance , if you look closely at the IAC valve manifold and throttle body coolent heater assembly it is fairly close to the manifold water neck so the lower edge dimension is fairly well set, to get the same air flow potential as the stock twin 48mm throttle bodys a single ROUND blade would need to be 68 mm now that would raise the upper edge of the throttle body about .8 inches and as you may know theres only about .6 inches above the throttle body to the hood clearance now in a vette, and some camaros and since they used the TPI system in both cars...

Thank Grumpvette, and all the others ofcourse. There was not a performance or fuelconsumtion reason, just the hoodclearance. Okay, thanks.

86 tpi zf-6 Modified L98 270hp & 317 lb.ft Rearwheelpower

twinnie

Got in himmel!

That looks like a really fun engine! How often do you inhale small cars through that system?? Most impressive.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom