Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Unusual C6 picture

D

dizzzzy

Hello all,
Found this unusual picture of the C6 being unlaoded off a 747 in england this sept.. I have tried to post it here, but it is telling me the photo is too large. This is the link to the picture, if someone can put it up, it is a good one for all to see.
http://www.planepictures.net/netshow.cgi?149755

looks like solid rotors on that one

I have not seen that one yet.

I wonder how much all this globe trotting is going to add to the sticker price? :L

Probably on its way to Nurbergring in Germany. Couldn't help but notice the wheels look like C5. Maybe just to roll it around for shipping.

Far out!

Closer of the Vette :

ROCKETBLOCK said:
Couldn't help but notice the wheels look like C5. Maybe just to roll it around for shipping.

Those actually look like polished versions of the wheels we've seen on the test cars. They look pretty nice all polished up like that. :)

Leon

Gorgon said:
Those actually look like polished versions of the wheels we've seen on the test cars. They look pretty nice all polished up like that. :)

Leon

I like the wheels too. Very :cool

Jay

ROCKETBLOCK said:
Probably on its way to Nurbergring in Germany. Couldn't help but notice the wheels look like C5. Maybe just to roll it around for shipping.

:confused :confused The whole thing looks like a C5 :confused :confused

Maybe the roofline of the Nissan ZX ?

Thanks, Great Post!!

When you zoom in on the wheels, especially the front wheels, it looks like there is a slight "fold" in the middle of each spoke. To me, it looks like each spoke has a slight "V" that is deepest near the hub and gradually lessens as the spoke nears the outer rim. Anyone else see that?

At this angle the fenders look somewhat C2 ish to me - with more curve in the front due to the short overhang that we STILL can't see.

LongTimer said:
Thanks, Great Post!!

When you zoom in on the wheels, especially the front wheels, it looks like there is a slight "fold" in the middle of each spoke. To me, it looks like each spoke has a slight "V" that is deepest near the hub and gradually lessens as the spoke nears the outer rim. Anyone else see that?

At this angle the fenders look somewhat C2 ish to me - with more curve in the front due to the short overhang that we STILL can't see.

These are definitely the polished versions of the test mules' flat black wheels.
I can see what your talking about with that V-crease. It looks like an enlongated pyramid. I'm sure there are a lot of subtle features of those wheels that you can't see from a distance.
Take a look @ all the previous spy shots and you will probably find a lot more.:CAC

I hope the camo on the fenders and rear end are hiding something worth waiting for because it sure looks like the C5 to me in this shot.

I hate to say it but it sure does look like a C5!

The whole thing looks like a C5

I was thinking the same thing

I hope the camo on the fenders and rear end are hiding something worth waiting for because it sure looks like the C5 to me in this shot.

hate to say it but it sure does look like a C5!

Well, quite frankly, what do you expect?! Have you not been paying attention to the motivation behind the C6? The C5 is still current technology. If it wasn't for Cadillac, we would still be getting a C5 next year! This isn't a technology generation change, like C3 to C4, and C4 to C5 was.

On the picture: I dig the rims. Very nice. And the wheel-wells definitely look too large. Perhaps some changes on the real thing there as well?

Brett

On another site, we had quite a bit of speculation about the yellow tape on the fender of the pic I posted above and on the Plane pic. Here's my input:

While parked at the German equivalent of a 7-11 alongside the Autobahn about an hour NE of Frankfurt, a man named Dunne sits in his rental car watching an unusual looking white car with bras covering each end. The driver of the white car has just entered the store and Dunne can see from his view point that the driver just entered the restroom. As Dunne's Nikon motor begins to overheat, he eyes the yellowish tape on the upper, front fender of the white car. He decides to peal back the tape. As he is laughing hysterically, out of the corner of his eye, he notices the restroom door open. He hastily slaps the tape back onto the fender, ducks down, and low crawls to his rental car.

Once brushed off, back inside his car, and belted in, he pauses, and once again he starts to laugh uncontrollably. He wishes he had had another 15 seconds to set up a shot of that fender with the tape peeled back, showing the outline of a little boy with his back to the viewer, apparently urinating on a Viper. He's certain that Road and Track would have paid him handsomely for that pic. Oh well.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom