Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Upgraded Brake Lines to SS Brake Line Set

I was reading this older post and see the note on how tough the removal and re-install of some of the brakeline retaining bolts are. The toughest one is rooughly underneath the drivers seat. I'm not ready to lift the body, although all 4 mounts are shot, but I may take a trip to Sears to see what kind of "special" tools they may have to get this job done.

I was reading this older post and see the note on how tough the removal and re-install of some of the brakeline retaining bolts are. The toughest one is rooughly underneath the drivers seat. I'm not ready to lift the body, although all 4 mounts are shot, but I may take a trip to Sears to see what kind of "special" tools they may have to get this job done.

I went out and got the shallowest ratchet closed end wrench, and shaved it a little bit. Taking them off was a breeze...getting them started without cross-threading the bolt was a PITA. :mad:L

UPDATE: In my desperation, and following suggestions from many members, to include Tattortot and Norwegian-Peter and the owner of Carter Corvette's in Pleasanton, Ca, I accomplished a run-out of the rear rotors, and found the left side out of whack by about -0.006" to +0.005 at one point. I used industrial shimming material (if you would like some, PM me with your address and I can send a few strips of different thicknesses), and I am happy to report, that the brakes are holding up even after 6 months of semi-idle use of the Vette.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom