Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Upper Seat Back Frame

S

sierraman

I just purchased a 1978 Corvette Silver T-Top.

I noticed that the drivers side seat back bumpers didn't line up with the seat back adjusters on the bottom frame.
I removed the seat and found that one of the bumper nuts was missing and that the metal frame was cracked in more than one place. Also, it looks as if the frame is bent.

Does anyone know where I can get a replacement seat back?

Thanks for your help.

Sierraman, welcome to the :CAC

You can find pretty much any part of any Corvette. I suggest checking with the CAC Industry Partners. These are vendors that advertise on the CAC. When you work with them by clicking through the on their links within the CAC, you help the CAC as well as yourself, as some vendors give CAC members discounts.

For your specific part, I'd suggest checking with someplace like Corvette Central, MidAmerica, Ecklers, etc. I believe most of these and others are in the Industry Partner section.

Check any of the major vet parts suppliers (Ecklers, Zip). They have a seat re-enforcing kit that fits over the top of the bottom seat frame where the bumper bolts attach. Lists for $25. Have not tried it yet, but for $25 and an hour or so of work it's worth a try.

Since your frame seems like it has been through some rough times, you may want to a call some of the corvette junk yards to see they would have a used seat or just the bottom.

may help

Hi Sierraman, go to ebay item 120110414289,may be just what you need, regards wayne.

Thanks to all who responded. I appreciate it.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom