Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Used C4 Market (Beware, im venting inside)

better yet sell the car and take the money and upgrade to something else!
This is the part where people start low balling you.

You will probably have better luck with someone coming to see the car rather than ebay. Being in the presence of the car helps make it more real, and I think that helps if the car is really nice. Hope it works out for you either way.

Would you be upgrading to another Vette?

This is the part where people start low balling you.

You will probably have better luck with someone coming to see the car rather than ebay. Being in the presence of the car helps make it more real, and I think that helps if the car is really nice. Hope it works out for you either way.

Would you be upgrading to another Vette?

I would like to, but I am not sure.

TNT,

sell yours and buy mine, motor is done, 6spd D44, newer dash.. LOL

I need to sell my 89 to make room for the newer one I bought

TNT,

sell yours and buy mine, motor is done, 6spd D44, newer dash.. LOL

I need to sell my 89 to make room for the newer one I bought

Thanks for the offer, but I will have to pass. If the sale goes through I will be purchasing either a ZR1, '96 LT4 or a C6Z06. Not really looking for a car payment so the C6Z06 or C6 anything proabbly wont happen.

How many man hours did it take you to swap in the 6 speed?

Thanks for the offer, but I will have to pass. If the sale goes through I will be purchasing either a ZR1, '96 LT4 or a C6Z06. Not really looking for a car payment so the C6Z06 or C6 anything proabbly wont happen.

How many man hours did it take you to swap in the 6 speed?

I don't remember I swapped in in 1996

Thanks on the Zr-1, I bought it, just waiting for it to be shipped to me

shipping sometimes can take forever. A friend of mine had a caddy shipped from Miami to Las Vegas....took over a week.

You plan on keeping the Z stock or modding it? I have been looking at some also. Only thing that worries me is the availability of parts and who can work on the car. I guess I could learn to work on them. Are the GM service books available for them? After my nightmare with Vettewrench back in 2002 I have not had my car in the hands of a Illinois tuner since.

shipping sometimes can take forever. A friend of mine had a caddy shipped from Miami to Las Vegas....took over a week.

You plan on keeping the Z stock or modding it? I have been looking at some also. Only thing that worries me is the availability of parts and who can work on the car. I guess I could learn to work on them. Are the GM service books available for them? After my nightmare with Vettewrench back in 2002 I have not had my car in the hands of a Illinois tuner since.

Some modding yes, nothing radical, you don't have to do too much to get more power, unlike my 89 where I did a bunch to get 400 FWHP..

I will start with mostly bolt-ons. Although I need to get weatherstripping and a few other cosmetic pieces.. I have ZR-1 supplement manul from Helm Inc. I just need 1990 books.. I have 89,1991, 1993, and 1996 red books and 90,91 White books.. but I want the 1990 red books.

I also have about 4 or 5 friends with ZR-1 locally to help out, a couple have done a lot of work to their cars.. My first mod will probably be a cat back and Hurst shifter.

Sorry to hijack the thread, but you asked.. LOL:D

Jeff,

If you bought me a plane ticket, food and fuel, I would've flew out there and drove it back for you.:D

Where is it shipping in from? I don't know, I guess I'm the type that if I buy a car on this continent, I want to drive it back. Nothing like getting to know your new girlfriend than a nice road trip.

BTW, if you or your buddies need any Amsoil, I'm selling at wholesale prices + tax. Being that you're in the NW suburbs, we can meet at the DC in Wheeling. Check it out: http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97067

Some modding yes, nothing radical, you don't have to do too much to get more power, unlike my 89 where I did a bunch to get 400 FWHP..

I will start with mostly bolt-ons. Although I need to get weatherstripping and a few other cosmetic pieces.. I have ZR-1 supplement manul from Helm Inc. I just need 1990 books.. I have 89,1991, 1993, and 1996 red books and 90,91 White books.. but I want the 1990 red books.

I also have about 4 or 5 friends with ZR-1 locally to help out, a couple have done a lot of work to their cars.. My first mod will probably be a cat back and Hurst shifter.

Sorry to hijack the thread, but you asked.. LOL:D

No problem re: hijacking the thread. Odds are I will end up with another C4....who knows!

Make sure to post pictures

Jeff,

If you bought me a plane ticket, food and fuel, I would've flew out there and drove it back for you.:D

Where is it shipping in from? I don't know, I guess I'm the type that if I buy a car on this continent, I want to drive it back. Nothing like getting to know your new girlfriend than a nice road trip.

BTW, if you or your buddies need any Amsoil, I'm selling at wholesale prices + tax. Being that you're in the NW suburbs, we can meet at the DC in Wheeling. Check it out: http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97067

It is cheaper/ Safer to have it shipped, then to get into the middle of nowhere and have it break. then fork over way too much $$$ to get it fixed.

If the car was 100% perfect I would have, but this one needs some TLC to get back to the condition I want it in

I just sold my C4.

:confused

noit sure if I am happy or sad. Only time will tell. The new owner will pick it up next weekend.

Good news is I will be in another Corvette very soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:upthumbs

I just sold my C4.

:confused

noit sure if I am happy or sad. Only time will tell. The new owner will pick it up next weekend.

Good news is I will be in another Corvette very soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:upthumbs
My advice is don't get in a big hurry to replace it.
Take your time and find exactly what you want.
Their are a few nice C-4s out their just be patient and you will find one.

Does your C4 have the LT4 motor?

Only C4's I see holding some kind of decent value are the Callaway's, Grand Sport, LT4 C/E, and the ZR1's from '90 to '95.

C4 Values Are Just Now Begining To Move North But I Am Afraid You Are Correct; Unless It Is One Of The Limited Edition Models It Will Be A Much Longer Wait.

1984-1996:
This series showed good appreciation results with most of the models moving toward the appreciation classification. The appreciation factor ranged from -4% to +8% for this series. None of the Corvettes reflected double digit appreciation, however 23 of the 38 models showed positive results, seven had no change and eight showed depreciation results. One a comparative basis going back two years, 26 of the 38 Corvettes in this series showed depreciation results; one year ago the number had dropped to 20. The trend is definitely going in the right direction. The high price leader in average price was the 1996 Grand Sport Roadster at $43,400. It is considered rare with the production of only 190 units built. It also showed an 8% appreciation factor this year. It partner, the Coupe, also did well at $33,600 for a +6% appreciation. The ZR-1s in the group showed modest appreciation in the +1 to +3% range with the exception being the 1995 model showing -4% at $41,200. The 1990 ZR-1 continues to sell in the mid-twenties at $26,300. On average the Roadster continues to command $4,000 more than the Coupe. The entry level prices are below the $10,000 with average prices starting at $8,200 for the 1984 Coupe escalating slightly each year to the 1987 Coupe at $9,900.

My advice is don't get in a big hurry to replace it.
Take your time and find exactly what you want.
Their are a few nice C-4s out their just be patient and you will find one.

I plan on waiting to purchase my next car unless super deal comes my way!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom