Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Vacuum Leak

Gorgon

Corvette
None
I recently had the water pump replaced in my C5 and the tech noticed a vacuum leak in the tube coming off the throttle body. He claims that the entire hose assembly that goes around the engine needs to be replaced when the hole is in the smal 2 inch long elbow that connects this line to the throttle body. Can I buy just this small piece?

Leon

Here is a shot of the offending piece. Please ignore my duct tape fix for the moment and also the dirt that has accumulated as well.

IMG_0458.jpg

When driving I can hear what sounds like a vacuum leak when I let off the gas. Wish I was closer so that C4C5 could take a closer look at it himself. Perhaps after I move I will have him take a good, long look at her. :)

Leon

Here is a shot of the offending piece. Please ignore my duct tape fix for the moment and also the dirt that has accumulated as well.

When driving I can hear what sounds like a vacuum leak when I let off the gas. Wish I was closer so that C4C5 could take a closer look at it himself. Perhaps after I move I will have him take a good, long look at her. :)

Leon
I just went out and took mine off It is nothing more than a Glorified 2 inch 3/8 ID emissions hose with a ring molded into it available at parts stores!! It might cost you 50 cents with a small spring clamp!!(probly available from GM) :upthumbs
junk!!
attachment.php

Thanks Junk, but that's my basic question. Can I buy this alone or is it sold as part of a larger assembly? Even with the tape on this I can still hear what sounds like a vacuum hiss when decelerating with my foot off the gas. Wonder where else I'm leaking.

Thanks Junk, but that's my basic question. Can I buy this alone or is it sold as part of a larger assembly? Even with the tape on this I can still hear what sounds like a vacuum hiss when decelerating with my foot off the gas. Wonder where else I'm leaking.
I don't know if it available from GM or not!! I'll check because I noticed that mine was deteriorating to!!If not (or Outrageously Priced) I will go to a parts store and get a piece of emissions tubing and a Spring Clamp and make one for it!!! I'll go by Chevrolet later today!! Let you know!!:upthumbs

junk!!

GM doesn't sell the elbow alone but with the whole hose assembly. Their price was $8 for the whole thing. One of the techs just cut a piece of vacuum hose to fit and put it on the car so all is well... for the moment anyway.

Leon

GM doesn't sell the elbow alone but with the whole hose assembly. Their price was $8 for the whole thing. One of the techs just cut a piece of vacuum hose to fit and put it on the car so all is well... for the moment anyway.

Leon
Hey Leon,
I would have just got a length of hose and replace that piece too. It should be tight enough. That's what I would have done too. Don't worry about the angle of the stock hose, the whole PCV system is a poor design anyway.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom