Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

vaper separator

pizza3260

Corvette
73 350 coupe
vapor separator

hello!
on my 73 vette the vapor separator has a leak on the bottom edge, i took the base off very carefully and cleaned it up,now my question is what type of apoxy should i use to seal it back up so the gasoline will not leak out.

tom.

I tried looking up the vapor seperator in my service manual and came up empty. Are you sure you're not talking about the vapor canister located in the front left wheel well?

How about the black silicone that we use on the front and rear of intake manifolds?

I honestly did not know you could effectively clean it out. My guess would be JB weld, but that would be semi permanent.

I took mine out last week, but haven't gotten around to cleaning it up. Exactly how do you open this thing? Does the top just snap into place or does it unscrew? I have the filter somewhere in my pile of Vette parts.

--Bullitt

As far as I can tell you cannot open it up without breaking it open. I just cleaned the exterior and put it back. Understand they are not available in reproduction so be careful with it.

tom...

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom