Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Vapor Lock

Sixty_vette

Having problems with vapor lock on a 1960 Corvette. The fuel line is so close to the exhaust manifold, that when car is driven for a lengthy drive, the fuel actually bubbles and causes vapor lock when the car is started within a few minutes after stopping.

I have put several layers of tubing around the line and this has helped substantially, however I still get some vapor lock on extremely long rides.

I know I can have the fuel line re-routed, however I really do not want to do this for personal reasons.

Has anyone else run into this problem? How did you resolve it? Or does anyone have another suggestion besided re-routing fuel line!

Thanks!

Bob

10-11 years ago, I slit a 3/8 rubber fuel line open and slipped it over the steel line to insulate it - very removable, and it worked.

About 4 years ago I put in a small electric fuel pump at the tank - mounted on a (trans) motor mount (so it doesn't knock). Tank fuel pumps make vapor lock impossible,but the reasom I installed the electric pump was dependability. I removed the mechanical pump altogether after a new AC pump cracked internally in JacksonHole WY.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom