Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

vats question

topless82vette

Corvette
1982 convertible (not factory) stock 350cfi auto
I have a camaro tpi system that I want to use I believe its a 86-87 unit and Im using a painless harness how would I go about tricking the vats system without having all the factory parts like a decoder box and so on on my wiring schematic I see a battery terminal which is probably for memory but then it has 2 ignition terminals is one of these terminals connected to the vats system and how will my engine react to 305 injectors in the 350 Im not looking for performance just better driveability with this in mind will the 305 injectors do a good job also since my painless harness could never come close to reaching the trunk where my computer is located would a vette weather pack computer be a better choice so it can be mounted under the hood like the 85 up ones and what kind of a mount do the newer vettes use for their computer and are there computers truly weather resistant or do they have something else that covers them and does the vettes computer use the same ecm plugs as a camaro's for the 86-say 89 years thanks

It is in the chip on those year model. In other words, when you get the e-prom made for the conversion ask for a VATS delete.

The interesting thing is, if you ran a compatible puter out of a non VATS vehicle (it does not have to be a tpi puter to work, check with painless, or street and performance and they will tell you which service numbers interchange) then you don't need to do that.

However, you will want a special chip anyway. When I dropped a TBI fuel injected V8 from a 91 F body in my S10, I went to Bill Howell Technologies and got a VATS delete chip for $100.

Otherwise, it will spin over and never actually start, because it shuts the fuel delivery system down.

hey chris

Im borrowing a digital camera next week will take pics of my serpentine setup and twin fans, how do you guys post them here ? or send me email address and I will send them to you

When you post a new thread you will see a button below options that lets you Attach a file using the browse button to the right.

As long as it is not too large, it will attach.

Can't wait to see the pics.

I had TPIS remap a stock chip for mine with VATS delete and EGR delete for $100. I also replaced my vacuum modulator in my TH350 with an adjustable unit. Then I set my shift points lower to take advantage of the new torque curve. I have no problems with anything in a city block.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom