Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Vegas Heat Related Question

bobchess61

Corvette
2007 LS2 Coupe (Victory Red)
All >>>

In the heat of the Vegas Valley I have always taken precautions against the SUN and HEAT for my vehicles (and body too). Question: those of you who have DASH COVERS >>> have you used the glue and velcro? I do not want to do this. With my other vehicles the dash is designed so that the dash covers stay put most of the time without using the velcro. When I look at the 07' sled it looks a little iffy regarding a dash cover staying in place without velcro >>> it's slanted down quite a bit. That's it >>> what do you think?

Thanks, :thumb

bobchess61

Vegas Heat

Don't forget about UV protection for the HID plastic lens. It fogs like Headlight lenses making you increase the light level over time.
Light to clear colored UV window film over the HID lens. It's hard to polish out like the headlights.
Attach very small button like snaps at each edge and center of windshield, (base of windshield) You can get them with tiny pins to push into dash, then snap on cover.
Pin holes are so small they look like part of the grain of the dash. Even a couple along by the main pillar before the turn down to glove box. Just a thought.

Sun Protection

Don't forget about UV protection for the HID plastic lens. It fogs like Headlight lenses making you increase the light level over time.
Light to clear colored UV window film over the HID lens. It's hard to polish out like the headlights.
Attach very small button like snaps at each edge and center of windshield, (base of windshield) You can get them with tiny pins to push into dash, then snap on cover.
Pin holes are so small they look like part of the grain of the dash. Even a couple along by the main pillar before the turn down to glove box. Just a thought.

Interesting suggestions >>> Thanks for that!

bobchess61

Dash pads

I got a dash pad for my pickup truck because it sat outside and I thought it would help the air conditioner handle the heat. One day I thought to
lift the dash pad and see just how hot the actual dash was. It was just as hot as if it didn't have a cover over it. So, I've come to the conclusion
that they really don't do as much as I wished for. Just my opinion. Nothing beats parking your baby in the shade or garage. I had a 1991 that
I drove for 21 years and the dash was as good as new.

I got a "California Pop Top" which is a partial body Cover that covers all the glass (windshield, Clear Top, Side and Rear Window in our 13 GS Coupe. About $80 delevered and even though the GS is Black it is cool as if it has been parked in the shade when I take it off. It proteccts the whole inside of the car from the sun and you can put it on and remove it in about a minute.

Dash Cover

I got a dash pad for my pickup truck because it sat outside and I thought it would help the air conditioner handle the heat. One day I thought to
lift the dash pad and see just how hot the actual dash was. It was just as hot as if it didn't have a cover over it. So, I've come to the conclusion
that they really don't do as much as I wished for. Just my opinion. Nothing beats parking your baby in the shade or garage. I had a 1991 that
I drove for 21 years and the dash was as good as new.

I am able to park the 07' in the garage >>> I have bought a very nice "Car Cover" sun shade >>> I'm leaning toward not getting a dash cover.

However, I would like to hear from a board member who has a dash cover and does not use velcro >>> and advise me >>> does it stay put without velcro? (I doubt it)

Thanks for you comments,

bobchess61

1/2 Cover

I got a "California Pop Top" which is a partial body Cover that covers all the glass (windshield, Clear Top, Side and Rear Window in our 13 GS Coupe. About $80 delevered and even though the GS is Black it is cool as if it has been parked in the shade when I take it off. It proteccts the whole inside of the car from the sun and you can put it on and remove it in about a minute.

Thanks >>> I'll check it out....might also be helpful vs seagull drop. :thanks:

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom