Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Vendor Warning: Corvetteworx

Hmmmm...in business to pay for the wife's horses

admirable business plan....Ah NOW i get it...another way to say getting screwed -> stud fees

You're welcome ;help
good one!!!!!

I too am having a problem with this same vendor, I paid for a soft top frame two months ago that has not been delivered. I had agreed to pick it up since I was making a trip to Detroit the end of December rather then ship it. The day of the trip there was no answer when I called and he called me back when I was homeward bound saying he would get back to me in three days, that was Dec 29th. No returned calls or e-mails since, his mailbox is full yet he was online at CF two nights ago soliticing business.
I am usually real easygoing until you **** me off and I am getting POed with corvetteworx AKA Scot Dixon

Herb let me know if you want to meet in Toledo and take a trip to Ortonville and visit the local Sheriffs office there should be some kind of law about internet fraud or theft by deception.
Craig sr.

If you called Sermersheim's direct, could you talk them into the same price Corvetteworx charges, and cut out the middleman? What if your body shop made the phone call?

why don`t you guys go register at the C/F and flame him where it will do the most good??
...redvetracr

I personally don't like the CF. I know some CAC-ers are members there... but then there are some CF-ers that aren't members here- thank God.

I'd rather not waste my time there.

Too much flaming. Too little content.

Speaking of other forums- I am a member at thirdgen.org (an Fbody site) because there are a lot of do-it-yourself-ers who have answers to a lot of tricky fabrication issues. Lots of neat ideas. Sorry for the Hijack...:)

Craig and Herb,

I think that you guys should get together and take the short drive up there unannounced. Tell him that you are there to resolve these problems and if they aren't by the time you leave your next stop will be the police or local DA. Tell him that he will either credit you right there on the spot or produce the parts that you ordered. This is his one last chance before you file charges against him.

I'd also post on his thread on the CF and ask how he can do business when his mailbox is always full. Also ask when your parts are going to arrive and give details. His mailbox is full because you guys are just 2 of many that he is dodging.

Tom

He has a thread advertizing interiors over there but the phone number on the thread has been disconnected :eyerole
My Ebay user name and my forum names are different so I'm hoping for a reply to my inquirey

I did post on his thread asking for a quote on an interior hoping for a reply. The phone number on the thread has been disconnected :eyerole
My Ebay user name and my forum names are different so I'm hoping for a reply.
I finally did get a credit from him, but he still charged me $100 to cancel an order he said to cancel!!!! IMO anyone doing business with him does so at their own peril.

I talked to the supplier out in Oregon and after we got talking I find out that he is not one of their favorite suppliers either. Hard to reach, never around to return calls. I am glad I went with Paragon. There was a problem with the delivered unit and they were right on it and got me my piece in less than a couple of weeks. Paragon did nice follow up. Corvetteworx is something else....BUYER BEWARE!!!!!

I too am having a problem with this same vendor, I paid for a soft top frame two months ago that has not been delivered. I had agreed to pick it up since I was making a trip to Detroit the end of December rather then ship it. The day of the trip there was no answer when I called and he called me back when I was homeward bound saying he would get back to me in three days, that was Dec 29th. No returned calls or e-mails since, his mailbox is full yet he was online at CF two nights ago soliticing business.
I am usually real easygoing until you **** me off and I am getting POed with corvetteworx AKA Scot Dixon

Herb let me know if you want to meet in Toledo and take a trip to Ortonville and visit the local Sheriffs office there should be some kind of law about internet fraud or theft by deception.
Craig sr.
I posted over at CF.....we'll see what comes of it...

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/showthread.php?p=1558703795#post1558703795

firstgear - Just dispute the $100 charge with your CC. They should refund that no problem. No way he can charge a restock fee since he never shipped anything!

I have had to dispute charges in the past... just call the CC and they should refund the money and then send you a form to fill out.

Good luck

Stories like this are the reason I took 10 years to get my business to the point that it would occupy me full time. If I can't stock it, I don't carry it. I'm more expensive than a lot of places, but they won't touch me on customer service. I'd much rather eat a $100 loss to keep a reasonable customer happy than get in a ****ing match that is going to have ripple effect ramifications that can cost me thousands, if not more.
Does he have a stated policy that he charges a cancellation fee? If not, he can't charge it.

His response that you posted is, unfortunately, more the norm for a lot of online retailers than the exception. I have plenty of customers who are a pain the ass and I hate seeing their name in my inbox...but they never know it. They get the same level of service as the guys who are a pleasure to deal with. How you act on a good sale says little about your business...how you act on a bad one speaks volumes.

Guys,

I will stick with the reputable vendors that I know will service me if a problem arises. While I have never bought anything from Scotty, I can assure that I never would. I have watched his posts on the discussion boards for literally years, and I can tell you that this is not the type of person that I want to do business with.
He has had more than his share of public pi**ing contests, where name-calling developed, and I just don't care for this type of drama. There has been so much dirty laundry washed on the discussion boards by him, and about him, that I just prefer to stick with other vendors. It all depends on how much you want to save a couple of bucks, but I seldom see him selling something at a price that I can't do just as good elsewhere.

Regards, John McGraw

Does he have a stated policy that he charges a cancellation fee? If not, he can't charge it.

Good question. On the website under Terms & Conditions "Terms and Conditions go here " Guess thats a no.

Now I understand both sides of the story. But I NEVER have had a company charge my card before an item shipped! Thats just not how it works.

Guys,

I will stick with the reputable vendors that I know will service me if a problem arises. While I have never bought anything from Scotty, I can assure that I never would. I have watched his posts on the discussion boards for literally years, and I can tell you that this is not the type of person that I want to do business with.
He has had more than his share of public pi**ing contests, where name-calling developed, and I just don't care for this type of drama. There has been so much dirty laundry washed on the discussion boards by him, and about him, that I just prefer to stick with other vendors. It all depends on how much you want to save a couple of bucks, but I seldom see him selling something at a price that I can't do just as good elsewhere.

Regards, John McGraw

Well said John:upthumbs . If I were to purchase something that could take awhile to get, I would know up front when I made the initial contact with the vendor. If I were to chum up thousands of my hard earned dollars, I would do my homework to be sure the company I delt with was reputable and fair. I would want to know the return policy above all else. The CAC is a great place to come for help in finding a good solid company to deal with. Maybe more effort should have been posted here before the transaction took place. Seems like alot of other people have had bad dealings with this company and would have helped steer a person in another direction, i dont know, its just my thoughts.( Who cares what he spends his money on ?:ugh ) The vendors who advertise here would have a short ad life if they treated members this way im sure.
This is a good example of how to and not to do business. The need for name calling and posting it here dont really make it better for anyone. It sounds like his business needs the BBB to contact them. there are laws to protect customers and i would be finding the right folks to help me. There are many avenues to pursuit and this may or may not be the right choice. I will stick with companys I know deliver a good product at a fair price and a hassle free return policy. Summit for example rules the compitition as far as customer service is concerned. They basically ship over night to this area so paying more for it isnt needed. a return is simple and painless and they bend over backwards to make you happy. and they have a flat rate for shipping costs....just an example of what i find the right things to look for in a company. I hope you get this resolved in short order regardless.
Chas:w

update

I just received an e-mail from Scott explaining his Wife is in the Hospital so he has not been at home much lately. He will arrange to have the top frame in Monroe where I can pick it up. I'm a trusting soul so I hope to receive the top frame soon. :upthumbs

Now I understand both sides of the story. But I NEVER have had a company charge my card before an item shipped! Thats just not how it works.
I ALWAYS charge before I ship - if you don't, how do you know the card is good? If an item is backordered (and it's not an online sale which is charged the instant the order is placed), I don't charge until the item arrives...but still before it ships.

I just received an e-mail from Scott explaining his Wife is in the Hospital so he has not been at home much lately. He will arrange to have the top frame in Monroe where I can pick it up. I'm a trusting soul so I hope to receive the top frame soon. :upthumbs

A wise man once told me "have faith son"...when you gonna come up?
Im on afternoons but only a few miles from Monroe.
Chas:beer

I ALWAYS charge before I ship - if you don't, how do you know the card is good? If an item is backordered (and it's not an online sale which is charged the instant the order is placed), I don't charge until the item arrives...but still before it ships.

And that must be what separates the big fish from the little ones. When you order from an online retailer…they verify the card number and billing address. And THEN charge you when the item ships. If an item is on backorder….guess what…you don’t get charged UNTIL it ships. Now I'm not saying you cannot charge the card the day you ship the item...say before you head to the post office. But not WEEKS out!
If the big boys can do it…then why not you? I understand his reasoning for not wanting to be stuck with the bill. And understand charging a restocking fee. But if he never delivered the order..then he cannot charge a restocking fee.

All biz aside I hope my thoughts are with his wife and hope all is well.

A wise man once told me "have faith son"...when you gonna come up?
Im on afternoons but only a few miles from Monroe.
Chas:beer

Chas
I will let you know, I told him anytime in the evening, but suggested next weekend to give him time to arrange it.
Craig sr.

Do you suppose that he has been reading lately?

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom