Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Very simple C6 ipod installation

johnG

Corvette
2006 Lemans Blue Coupe
There's a guy on another corvette forum that has developed a new harness to allow for a very fast and simple installation of an iPod along with the new GM PAL. (Personal Audio Link) His name is Ray Kawal and here are two links to check it out for yourself. I've ordered one of his harnesses and will be doing the installation soon. He is charging 35.00 plus 5.00 for shipping. His website details the install, which takes about 5-10 minutes total and you don't have to remove your center console. Check it out...
C6 Corvette Ipod Adapters
C6 PAL Installation

John:

The lockpick works great, however, on the convertible, it took a little longer
than I would have thought to get it installed, enjoy.

Update

I installed the PAL on my 06' coupe today. It took about ten minutes. It works great and is also integrated with the HUD, showing song titles. It changes the soft buttons on the xm1 screen for full iPod access, and also charges the iPod when connected. If you look at the factory directions that come with the PAL, it would probably take a couple hours to do the install without the new harness and would require taking apart the center console, splicing wires, etc. This has got to be the easiest way to hook up on iPod and get full functionality with it. The PAL (personal audio link) will work with any year vette that has the U3U code navigation radio with xm. GM says it's only for 08's on up, but that's not correct.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom