Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Vette-A-Rossa

Vetawhatsis

I had a bad dream about it one night. Very relieved when I woke up. Praise the lowered.
:J

Hey Chris, I have seen a couple of these at car shows. They look pretty sweet in person. That is all I know about them.

It sure makes your car unique, but at the same time makes it look like something it isnt.

It is all persona opinion.

.....Bad Dream??? Now you have to tell us what that is about.

Thanks 69MyWay,

I would be interested in installing a body kit like this one on a car that already needed body work, so the cost of the work would already be offset.

"It sure makes your car unique, but at the same time makes it look like something it isnt."

Of course it would make it something it is not, but in reallity, isnt that what everyone does when they put ground effects, wings, wheels, etc. on cars, or even do modifications to the engine. They want to personalize their car. They want to be different, unique to a degree. I would want to pass it off as a 'rossa, it would just be a modified vette. If i wanted a real ferrari, i would buy an older cheaper one. (I love the performane and reliability and servicability of my vette, but I also like to be unique) I could also do one of those fiero conversions and say its a ferrari, but thats not the point I would want to get at. I would want it to still be a Vette, with the Vette chassis and engine, but just a unique body to set it apart from all the other similiar vettes.

If I had the money, I would buy a C5 and put the Callaway or Lingenfelter body kit on it (those sure are sweet). But on a modest budget, someone couold have quite a unique vette.

Essentially, you are right 69MyWay, it is about personal opinion. If I wanted to be like everyone else I'd be driving a mustang.

Thanks for you time everyone,
Chris

Chris, I came within a stones throw at one time to putting a 355 Ferrari body on my V8 Fiero. In the end, I had put so much cash in the V8 conversion that I could not justify the body kit.

I can almost guarantee that I would have kept that car had I gone the distance and done the 355. To me, the 355 Convertible is THE most beautiful car in the world.

It is fun customizing your car to fit your tastes. It is also cool when you make it just different enough that your friends can pick you out in a pack of cars cruising down the highway.

You might luck up and find a C4 in need of new body panels already and make a perfect donor for the kit.

Customizing

...is only bad when it's done wrong.

I'm sure the purists would like to see every vette remain 100% original, but many of these beauties just couldn't remain alive without sacrifices. Either of themselves or from other injured vettes who became donors to keep the other vettes rolling.

I like some of the customized looks. Granted, there are many more that I am forced to ask "What were they thinking?"...and this is NOT just with Vettes, but with all makes!

Personally, I liked the look of the Rossa body kit. :cool Wouldn't work on mine, but it'd look cool on a C4.
Silver

At first, but then

I didn't like the look of my body panels at first, but they kinda grow on you after a while and now I kinda like them. There are a blue million red vette coupes around, but there is only one that looks like mine (around here that is). It all comes down to what you like. For me, a little goes a long way...for some people, if a little is good then a LOT is better. I'm just wondering if that Lingenfelter twin turbo will fit under my stock hood and if my 700R4 tranny will handle the power :D
--Drew:w

One of those ugly things is for sale here in the Netherlands. It's an 84 and the paint is really poor..they want a whopping 18K for it :crazy

278.jpg

Yuck!

Marck

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom