Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Vette Magazine---still the pillar of inaccuracy

I know this is an old thread... the inaccuracies I’ve come across in Corvette Fever lately pertaining to the C4 are inexcusable. I’ve wanted to write to the editor, but I doubt it would do any good. If the editorial staff are not catching the errors before the pub is sent to the printer, then they really don’t know any better.

B17Crew
:w

Will the real Hib please stand up? I just purchased some old vette magazines on ebay (1988-90 vintage) and just realized you are one of the article writers. Your sure have been involved with vettes for a long time. Sure glad you are an active member on this forum.

The "real Hib"?
Who the heck is that, anyway?
:cool

Thanks for the kind words.

I too am amazed that this near-four-year-old thread is still active.

At this point in time, I'm actually working for "Corvette Enthuaist" magazine on a contract basis. I decided to do some work for them based on the original opinion I developed at the SEMA Show back in 11/04. It was a good decision. The people who produce "CE" are good to work for and have genuinely care for our hobby.

The last comment in the "original, 2004" part of this thread took me to task for calling "Vette" a "pillar of inaccuracy".

Ok.
That was a bit strong, I admit.

My seeming "anger" over the issue was driven both by 1) my tendency to try as hard as I can to get facts correct and 2) my being a (2nd gen) ZR1 owner, first, and a writer second.

My position maybe should have been that that old "Vette" story had some mistakes in it and Vette could have done a better job.

That said, I still feel that, if I had to buy a subscription today, either "Corvette Enthusiast" or "Corvette Magazine" would be the only two in the running.

Hib, I just signed up for Corvette Enthusiast to help keep you employed. Also, I'll look for an updated picture of you working on a C4. Should I post the picture of you from the August 1991 edition of Corvette Fever?

Should I post the picture of you from the April 1991 edition of Corvette Fever?

Absolutely! :D

Hib's article on the 2002 Z06 led directly to my buying mine. It was even electron blue.

Gee, I thought that if it was in print, it had to be true. I subscribe to C Magazine, C Enthusiast, and Vette and love looking at the pics more than reading the articles. However, I do read Hib's articles as I find them informative and understandable. I really liked his articles on the C4 scanning tools, etc. I hope Hib keeps writing on the CAC.
Thanks for your contributions Hib
Barrett

Hib, I just signed up for Corvette Enthusiast to help keep you employed. Also, I'll look for an updated picture of you working on a C4. Should I post the picture of you from the August 1991 edition of Corvette Fever?

A pic of me from the 8/91 issue of Fever. Uh, well, I was younger, more cute and could drink a lot more beer in one night back then.

Gee, I thought that if it was in print, it had to be true. I subscribe to C Magazine, C Enthusiast, and Vette and love looking at the pics more than reading the articles. However, I do read Hib's articles as I find them informative and understandable. I really liked his articles on the C4 scanning tools, etc. I hope Hib keeps writing on the CAC.
Thanks for your contributions Hib
Barrett

There are more articles on diagnostics in the pipeline at "Corvette Enthusiast".

Also coming from CE is a Corvette-specific story covering the controversy surrounding the reduction in EP additives in mass-marketed engine oils.

Here on the CAC, Rob posted my short teaser story on the new, LS9. In the meantime, Rob and I are working on a full-length LS9 article which tells all about that engine. It'll get posted in a couple of months.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom