Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Vette motors in SUVs ???

jims427400

Corvette
67 427 tripower,68 427 tripower,04 Z16, 62 340hp
I have a 2004 GMC Denali and I keep the engine area very clean and I've noticed the the engine looks very similar to my 2004 ZO6 engine.
The Denali has 345 hp, did they share power plants w/ C5s..
Just cureous..

I beleive they use the Corvette engine in a some GM products ,,, like selected SUV's and the Cadillac CTS-V for example

The LS series engines are used in various GM cars and trucks, When I worked at the foundry (94-99) they were pouring cast iron heads for the trucks the plan was back then cast iron for the trucks and Aluminum for the cars. I think that plan changed somewhat with the more stringent MPG regulations. I do know that GM performance parts announced a LS series block in cast iron for severe duty apps.
Stick a magnet on your truck and see if the block and heads are cast iron or Aluminum.

usually the Corvette gets the new stuff first then it trickles down stream, like the LT1 used in the vettes first then Camaors and finally passenger cars.

I have a 2004 GMC Denali and I keep the engine area very clean and I've noticed the the engine looks very similar to my 2004 ZO6 engine.
The Denali has 345 hp, did they share power plants w/ C5s..
Just cureous..
Both are GM small block engines, the LS series. Some are alumn other iron, different cams, C:R, materials, etc. But in a basic sense, the are the same.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom