Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Vette won't start:The Next Generation

I am going over to the shop in a few more minutes.I hope to get the problem solved.:bang

I must be kidding myself!!:gap

Wish me luck!!:bu

AAARRRRGGHHH!

My screwed up hours.

Before I went to the body shop....

I FELL ASLEEP

So I didn't wake up until 5:30 P or so.

Tommorrow?

I hope so.

I hate that!!!!

But if your SO tired that you crash... what good will you be trying to solve a weird electrical problem....

Take the rest.... the car's not going anywhere!

Vig!

I have really crazy hours as I own a 24 hour gameroom.Sometimes I just fall asleep,no matter where I am.

I went over to the shop....

He's not there.

He is a one man shop,his neighbor told me he had to take his kids to get their shots for school.I,not thinking ahead,didn't bring a meter,ratchet set,screwdriver,nothing.

Oh,it's not around the corner or even down the street either.Its about 45 miles from my house.

Why,you might ask,did I take it so far away?It is located right down the street from my business.

It is about 3:45 PM here right now.I am at my house.I*believe*he will stay so I can check it out.

Actually he had better.When I took it to his shop it ran fine.At least backing it out of my driveway.HE should be arranging for repair,ya know.

Hey,I found out something

Oops I slipped.:duh

I didn't think about this earlier but....

The car was sitting outside when I was first told it wouldn't start.
He told me if he could get it inside he would be able to finish it up.
I said'Let's just push it in'

He says'We can't the wheels are locked up"

I look inside and release the emergency brake.'The emergency brake was on' I tell him.

Him:'Really?I didn't think it was because the handle wasn't up'

Me: It goes back down when applied so you can get out!If it didn't go back down you couldn't get out when the brake was set.

Him:Hmmm..

!!?????!!!???!!!

This didn't really strike me until later...:SLAP

He has obviously been driving my Vette around the shop property(when it ran)with the emergency brake on.Oh man!!!

I have never tried to move my car with the E-brake on.It may very well move easily.I just don't know.It's an automatic so I don't use it.

Wait I have more.

Before we push it in the shop,he reaches under and unhooks a chain from underneath.HE MUST HAVE DRAGGED THE CAR OUTSIDE IF IT WOULDN"T START.OH JEEZ!!:nono :nono

We are gonna have a discussion when I see him.

For the record:His specialty is customizing Toyota 4X4 trucks and older body style Land Cruisers.Dropping 350 chevy engines in them and the whole works.They are truly works of art.He just ain't familiar with Vettes.

I just wanted a little body work done by a person who did exemplary work.It does look beautiful.:love

hi rdqfx3,I know this may sound really dumb BUT-is there a safety thing that shuts off the fuel /fuel pump power if the car is hit -there use to be such a thing on some cars-don't know if it's ever been on a vette though. the way it sounds to me the guy was driving/towing/battering the car who knows? best of luck-dennis :w

I don't think that was ever offered on the Corvette, C4s at least. I don't even know when they started using that safety item on the other cars, mid-to-late '90s maybe? :confused

_ken :w

That very thing was mentioned to me tonight and I couldn't wait to get online and ask about that.Deja Vu...

It's not in a 93

So it won't be in yours

Vig!

Read your PM

ANTS....... this is a new one

Mice ok ( heard of that ) Having a mouse problem myself in the house!!!!!
Hey at least it's not the CAR!
Rats ok ( Had a few post's on that )

spiders OK ( Car's in LONG term storage )

BUT ANT'S... that's a new one on me....

I wonder if the body shop guys spilled a coke ( or something like it )

OR

Food was left in the car!!!!!!

So we need to get to square 1 on this

Post your test results here!

VIG!

Just a thought the fuel pump only runs for 2 sec without engine running so would show no power, I would check presure at schroder valve first

Just a thought the fuel pump only runs for 2 sec without engine running so would show no power, I would check presure at schroder valve first

Hmmm..If that is a fact then that would explain the no power problem.

Anyfoo.....

A fella I took it to says the fuel pump has gone out.He's replacing it tommorrow(Tuesday).

$$$$$$:cry

I haven't had it on the road since March.
While it was laid up,I had the SRC shocks rebuilt and replaced all four actuators,as three actuators were bad.Bilstein says the shocks were in need of repair,I couldn't tell when I examined them,but ya figure a 12 year old car with original shocks....

I bought my Vette in 98 with a little less than 40,000 miles.I wonder if I have ever had the SRC working properly during that time.8 year old shocks when I bought it,soooo.....probably not,eh?

Tags are out,MUST have it aligned since the uh.....incident...bent my RR tie rod back.I replaced it.:bang The wheel is a straight as I could get it,but the alignment has gotta be checked.I have about 2000 miles on those tires.Don't want to trash them ya know.

I believe that's about it.I'll know for sure tommorrow.:w

You've got mail

More info just 4 U

Vig!

BTW did ya kill the ANTS!?

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom