Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Vette Z06 vs. Viper GTS

R

RedVetteMan02

Which do you prefer? Now before you make your dicision of the Vette like I'm sure you all will, let me refresh your mind on the statistics of both of these awsome cars...

Vette Z06

American Classic
Common Car
$51,155
5.7 leter engine
Top Speed 171
V8
0-60 in 3.9 seconds
405 horsepower
400 tork
18" wheels

Viper GTS

American Wonder
Rare Car
$83,795
8 leyer engine
Top Speed 185
V10
0-60 in 4 seconds flat
450 horsepower
490 tork
18" wheels

Which do you prefer? Choose wisely...!

I really like both cars, and the viper definitly has good statistics. However the only statistic that matters to me is the first one,
American Classic
So my vote would defintly go to the Z06 because it is a classic and in my opinion looks much better too.

klb

i guess you're right. i like the first one too. you're right about the style too.

i guess you're right. i like the first one too. you're right about the style too.

Z06 100%.

Viper sucks and sounds horrible too. Take $10K extra cash and make the Z06 insane. Then STILL after that save $20k over the Viper.

BTW... ride in a Viper and then a Z06 and you tell me which you prefer... Z06 all the way.

for a bit of arguments sake.... (i am a 100% vette owner/lover though)

The Viper captures, IMHO, more of what a high performance, high cost car American car buyer usually wants..... A big engine, fast car, unusual looks, and convertible (or in the previous years, the RT/10 or a hard top coupe version if you preferred) Basically what I am getting at is the biggest thing the Z06 does not have, is a roof that comes off, or retracts. If it were a true american classic, you would at least have the option of getting a convertible or coupe, instead of the FRC. Afterall, aren't most, if not all legendary american cars convertible, or in some way topless???? think of the 60's 'Vettes, Cobras, even the classic muscle and pony cars were offered convertible......

SO: a convertible Z06 (from the factory, not aftermarket) would spank a Viper.... but, the FRC version lacks that american syle:(

Vettelt193 said:
for a bit of arguments sake.... (i am a 100% vette owner/lover though)

The Viper captures, IMHO, more of what a high performance, high cost car American car buyer usually wants..... A big engine, fast car, unusual looks, and convertible (or in the previous years, the RT/10 or a hard top coupe version if you preferred) Basically what I am getting at is the biggest thing the Z06 does not have, is a roof that comes off, or retracts. If it were a true american classic, you would at least have the option of getting a convertible or coupe, instead of the FRC. Afterall, aren't most, if not all legendary american cars convertible, or in some way topless???? think of the 60's 'Vettes, Cobras, even the classic muscle and pony cars were offered convertible......

SO: a convertible Z06 (from the factory, not aftermarket) would spank a Viper.... but, the FRC version lacks that american syle:(

Yes, I totally agree with you on that point. There was a thread here that had a debate as to whether to go with a Z06 or convertible. They went with the convertible because it was plenty fast enough already and they could enjoy the weather.

I kinda hoped that the Z06 would have more displacement as opposed to a beefed up 350. Don't get me wrong, 405 HP out of 350 cubic inches is a testament to GM's great engineering capabilities but a lot of us want a throwback to the days when high performance meant more cubic inches.

Hello GM, are you listening to your consumers???

Edmond said:
Hello GM, are you listening to your consumers???

ever seen the study GM did on the digital dash? basically they asked current digital dash corvette owners (C4's of course) if they liked it or not... a surprising percentage said yes (over 80% if i remeber correctly)... so, a very high percentage of Corvette Owners, the people who buy and drive Corvettes, reported to liking the digital dash.... the magazines, on the other hand, always hated it in their testing.... what does the C5 have? Analog???? so, I wish GM would listen to their consumers.... but I honestly don't think they do:(

hands down Z06, viper would be a good "beater" car :)

q:beer

Not to be pickie, but come on now....

It's "torque" not "tork" and it's "liter" not "leter"

The Viper is a Clown Shoe. :j

And is a $87000.00 DODGE. :duh

clown_shoe.jpg

http://www.edmunds.com/reviews/comparison/articles/43925/page001.html

I'd say the Z06 is more of a car that you could drive everyday as the Viper has quite a harsh ride. But in terms of all out muscle, I would say the Viper has more muscle than the Z06.

If I had the money, I would just get a Z06 and supercharge it. I'll just be seeing that Viper in the rear view mirror!:D

Vette for me .

I like both myself. The Viper embodies brute power, the corvette more refinement. I've not seen the new Viper yet. I've driven a GTS, and while it was fun, I liked the vette more. So I did what was mentioned above, took some of the difference and made my vette brutal... :bu

I definitely dig the new Viper..I think the GTS version will be awesome and hard to resist. I personally think they should complete the Viper performance package with active handling yet I'm sure the viper purist would consider that somewhat sacraligious (sp)

JMO..

I think the Vette and the Viper are among the two best performance cars out in the market place.

This is totally biased since we are at the :CAC and we all love vettes.

but the question is why do we like the vette? I know the thing that drew me to likeing vettes was its looks. I didnt know the vette was a fast car, or a cheap car. then i wanted a sports car, and saw the vette. i rememberd it was the best lookin car, and researched it. then i researched the viper, mustang and ferrai. the ferrai was outof my price range, and the mustang was the only one i could dream of affording. then i got into the used cars, and the vette has style, and history to them, and i learned they had great performance... the best performance for the best price IMHO.

If i could pick over any car in the world, it would be a LT4.

If a stock Z06 and stock Viper raced on a straight road, the Viper would most likely win. on a turny road, the Z06 and Viper would probally tie.

If you had exactly $83,795 to spend on a Viper or Vette, then you could buy a stock viper, or a vette and upgrade. If you poor $83,795 into buying and upgrading a vette, it could easily beat the viper.

Sorry Justin, but put a Viper and a Z06 on a twisty road and the Z06 would be so far out front after the first couple of hard tight corners the Viper would never catch it again. I agree that the Viper does have the raw horspower and Torque, but the light weight and improved FE4 suspension of the Z06 allows the Corvette to be an extremely powerful cornering machine. You need to get a ride in one to see what I'm talking about... I was a non-believer before I got my first ride too... now I own one.
vettepilot

Z06, hands down......

No way will the Viper celebrate its 50th Anniversary....
others come and go.....bring 'em on....the Vette is always #1!!!!
Thunderbird couldn't do it.....Pantera couldn't do it.....
an 80K Dodge can't do it either!

matter settled! :cool

vettepilot said:
Sorry Justin, but put a Viper and a Z06 on a twisty road and the Z06 would be so far out front after the first couple of hard tight corners the Viper would never catch it again. I agree that the Viper does have the raw horspower and Torque, but the light weight and improved FE4 suspension of the Z06 allows the Corvette to be an extremely powerful cornering machine. You need to get a ride in one to see what I'm talking about... I was a non-believer before I got my first ride too... now I own one.
vettepilot

Well, it depends on how turny the road is. i was talking about a few light turns, altough i should have been more descriptive. On a track like Laguana Seca the stock vette would own the stock viper. The Corvette is a performance car, where the viper is more of a muscle car... it could go fast, but it isnt as good at handleing as the vette, or good looking for that matter.

But as interceptor said, the vette is gona be around for our grand kids most likely... well, yall might have grand kids, but im 15, and when i have grand kids, or even kids, i could tell them about how the vette has been around for 70 or 100 years. and then the viper GTS will be crap compaired to the newest Z06 or whatever high performance vette is out in 2067.

If I could have two high $$$ "toys" I would have a Viper and my Z06. However I had to make a choice, and you see where I went.
I really appreciate all performance oriented, rare, or unusual vehicles. But the Corvette is my favorite (in my price range)...
vettepilot

vettepilot said:
If I could have two high $$$ "toys" I would have a Viper and my Z06. However I had to make a choice, and you see where I went.
I really appreciate all performance oriented, rare, or unusual vehicles. But the Corvette is my favorite (in my price range)...
vettepilot

vettepilot,

You remind of something that a guy said to me years ago. He said that he would never get a Corvette because "they're a dime a dozen." He was going to get a Viper because it had more "prestige." That was coming from a guy whose fastest car he had driven was a 6 cylinder Mustang!

I personally don't care about being rare and unique because I want the car to perform. It can be a 1-of car in the world, but if you tout it as a world class sports car and get spanked by Geo's, you're in trouble.

Okay, none of that made any sense but I said it anyways! LOL.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom