Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Victims identified in fatal northwest Oklahoma City wreck

Rob

Site Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Corvette
1990 Corvette ZR-1
Victims identified in fatal northwest Oklahoma City wreck

From Staff Reports
Published: January 23, 2009
NewsOK.com

Related Video: VetteTube - Corvette Videos, Corvette Crashes, Corvette Burnouts, Corvette Racing

Oklahoma City - Police have identified two brothers who died in an overnight in a wreck on Hefner Road, about one-fourth mile west of County Line Road.

Kevin L. Green, 26 and Eric T Green, 28 were found dead Friday morning after their mangled Corvette, was found in a fenced area near the intersection. Police said the brothers were traveling west on Hefner at a high rate of speed lost control, went off the road and crashed through a wood fence.

Police do not know when the wreck occurred. A motorist saw the wreckage and called police about 7:30 a.m.

Investigators think the car ran a stop sign at Hefner and County Line at a high rate of speed before somersaulting end over end and landing in a field.

Wreckage was scattered across a quarter-mile path.

“It was quite a gruesome sight and a very sad situation,” police Sgt. Paco Balderrama said.

The victims were wearing seat belts.

There's a picture in the Daily Oklahoman today of the car. All the body panels are missing and the top is crushed down. You can clearly see the frame and the to of the engine and identify that as a Corvette. It looks like it has Z06 wheels.

If you click and watch the Vette-Tube video, the police representatives describe that road as very dark at night. They can't actually be specific about when the accident might have happened. Interesting that both passengers in the car still had their seatbelts on after the crash- they must have really been moving.

Very sad story.

"somersaulting end over end" damn, they must have been flying. I imagine the black box will reveal some interesting information...:eek:hnoes

If you have a "hankerin" to kill yourself, a Z06 will help you do that. It takes very little messing around to go into the weeds or upside down or both, and the faster you are going the deader you can become. How many times does this have to happen before people get the message?

Speed kills

A very very sad story, these young men paided the price. God rest there souls..............................Billy

Very Sobering!

If that video doesn't make you think a little...you've got a screw loose. Definitely a C6Z06, but most corvettes are capable of same result if driven without knowledge and respect.

I'm not saying or implying that alcohol was involved in this crash...but I do know for a fact the first impairment with alcohol is your JUDGMENT...something we all need when we drive our Corvettes.

Very Very Sad.

That was about a mile from my house! The car looked like a C6 from the remains and I didn't know the victims. They aren't a member of my club.

Jim, any more news released about this crash since it happened? Have you driven to the intersection and seen any peculiar tell tale signs (road elevation changes, or other signs)?

GerryLP:cool

It takes 8,460 bolts to assemble an automobile, and one nut to scatter it all over the road.

Well, I don't know about y'all, but I LIKE driving fast...

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom