Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Video: Video: 55-year-old Corvette Drive Killed in Street Racing Accident

Rob

Site Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Corvette
1990 Corvette ZR-1
Investigators: 55-year-old Corvette driver killed in grisly street-racing crash

Video: VetteTube - Corvette Videos, Corvette Babes, Corvette Pics, Corvette Burnouts, Corvette Mods

by khou.com staff
Posted on December 17, 2009 at 10:25 AM
Updated today at 10:26 AM

HOUSTON, TX
—Police say street racing is to blame for a gruesome crash that killed a 55-year-old Cypress man Wednesday afternoon.

Dana Burkett was headed down State Highway 249 at a high rate of speed in a 2005 Corvette when he came upon a spot in the road where the lanes were reduced from three to two.

Witnesses told police Burkett was racing a yellow Mustang at the time.

When the road narrowed, Burkett’s Corvette struck a curb, rolled over and slammed into a utility pole. Power lines were snapped, and several grass fires were sparked around the crash site.

Full Story: Investigators: 55-year-old Corvette driver killed in grisly street-racing crash | khou.com | Home

Man, that is as bad as they get!! We must all respect what we have under our right foot!! Cruise them, don't race them (except on track days)!!

Pretty bad. Glad he only killed himself.

So Unnecessary.....

What a stupid tragedy. Aren't we supposed to get smarter and more prudent after 50?;shrug

Reckless driving

It is really a shame that this happens, but i can relate as i have had a small amout of street racing. My vette is made for that kind of stuff, hopefully i can rerist the urge to do that.

It is really a shame that this happens, but i can relate as i have had a small amout of street racing. My vette is made for that kind of stuff, hopefully i can rerist the urge to do that.

*AHEM*

Billy, I would like to call to your attention June, 2006. A certain automated toll both on the William H. Natcher Parkway in Kentucky. I seem to recall being in the Corvette in the next lane when you decided to press the pedal a bit.
;)

Those rear tires look like street racing slicks.

BTW: the thing about getting wiser with age, has not worked with me. LOL No comments needed 6 Shooter.

Hecox

An interesting point to remember for others that put racing slicks on and street race -- life insurance may be voided. The fine print in most life insurance policies state that they will not cover deaths due to engaging in illegal activities. Insurance companies are always looking for reasons not to pay. Those tires are a very good reason for an insurance company to disqualify a death. Just a thought.

As one of the posters noted in the newspaper article it looks like his plate was .... LES ROL ....

Agree ... tires are slicks or thread bare ... someone has to recognize that pattern or ... lack of ????

Guess he got all juiced when he saw the Mustang and lost "situational awareness" .... where the road narrowed ??

I did that once a lonnnnnnnnnnng time ago. Just like "Dead Mans Curve" .... I was sitting next to an XKE Jag ... in my 65' and was like all goofy ... I was going to stomp that Jag good. The idiot ran the red light (we were stopped) and I followed ... then almost froze when it clicked in ...

:W:eek:hnoes The good news was, it was late at night (US #1) ... but there was no traffic. Thank God.

Those tire are not slicks they look like whats left of NITTO INVO's.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom