Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Vinyl gauge overlays

I don't see a problem with them on some cars but I am having a hard time imagining them on a C3 for some reason. Plus they work well on flat surfaces and most of the gauges on the C3 are curved/bowl-shaped so there could be some distortion/cutting/bubbles.

Well I have them on my 78' and they look good. They are a good fix for those with pitted faces. Getting the guage needles off is not as easy as they say. I broke one of the needle and had to super glue it back on.

If you use these and thing to think about is to note needle location before remocing them. I didn't and had to take it all back apart to reset a couple of the guages.

I have pictures of the finish project if you would like to see them.

Gary

SAVE the WAVE

What about the high power LED's? I've cleaned and replaced the bulbs in my dash, but they're still pretty dim. Anyone used these LEDs??

The pics made it fine, thanks for taking the time to put them on here. I believe I'll have to give it a try mayself after seeing them.

One thing to look at is the color of your needles. 78'-82' had white ones and some of the earlier C3' had red ones. I used a black marker pen to color mine. Glad I was of some help to you.

Gary

SAVE the WAVE

Yep, dimmer is working, dome light comes on and the dash lights do get brighter, just not very bright. There don't seem to be any dead spots in the switch, but I suppose it could be carrying too much resistance anyway....

I know what you mean about not bright enough; but I'm old and I can't get thing bright enough any more. That was one of the things I like about the white face, they are much easier to see. At night they are really good.

Gary

I have them on my 82 and love them.As far as brightness, use the next brighter size bulb. I forget the # right now...

Hope the pics made it.

I was liking the idea and from looking at the product page on ebay I was considering it. Now that I saw the pictures of your install, sorry to say, it really does just look like stickers. The stock faces are metal and smooth, flat black finish. The vinyl stickers looks shiny and bumpy and look like an obvious add on. If they made metal replacements for the stock face, I'd be interested.

Does anyone else have pictures of these stickers on their car? I'd like to see them.

Go to the Corvette Forum and check out the recent post titled "sick of your dim gauges?"

You are right that a couple of the guages looks a little bumpy. That was becuase my faces were pitted with rust from moisture biuld-up sitting in storage during the winter months next to the Pacific Ocean. Such is life in the Northwest.

Gary

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom