Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Voltage Reg Location??????

65stinger

Corvette
1965 Nassau Blue Conv
I have a question about the location of these Volt. Reg's. I was reviewing the wiring Diagram for the engine in my AIM lastnight for an upcoming new wiring harness when I seen on the diagram a picture of the Reg was on the same side as the battery (which I assume means on the fender well on that side). BUT, if you read the specification and locations of the Battery and Voltage Reg. in the front of the AIM, it specifies on the opposite side of the battery. Can someone tell me which is correct? I'm sure the new wiring harness will be able to dictate the location by the length of wire provided, but I'm still curious as to what is SUPPOSE to be correct.

Must be conflicting information provided in the AIM. I always assumed it was on the Drivers side until I reviewed the Diagram......Thanks a bunch for the info.

ctjackster said:
65, p-side.
Correct, unless it's a factory air conditioned car. Then the regulator is on the driver's side, as is also the battery.

:cool

just getting ready to point that out! (that a/c throws the alt over to the d-side since the compressor goes on the p-side, and the v-regualtor over to the d-side as well.)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom