Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

WANTED:79' Plastic Wiper Knob(just the circular thing)

Yep, that would be it.I saw that this morning.$13.00 and she's complete.

$12.99 + $9.50 shipping!....I'll find one at a show....Eckler's is outrageous....I may even get lucky and find one at the dealer here.

Same thing happened to mine. PM me your mailing info and I'll pickup one at Bloomington and mail it. Probably take just one stamp!

Mike,
Thanks for the knob.It fits just fine.Being that there is no metal piece inside beefs up the plastic, so maybe it won't crack as easy.BTW.....Did you happen to see any antenna repair kits WITH CB for the 79' at the show?...I'm not having any luck getting one through the usual channels...;shrug

Glad the knob worked.
Are you talking about the nylon lead with the small mast section on it?
That repair part?
You can still order that over the counter at any GM parts desk.
pt no.22038197. That number may be superceded by a newer number but it should show up when they look up the old number.
The threads for the little tip are courser, tho, but not a problem if your original is crimped on.
If no luck, I have one.

edit...I see GM Parts Direct has it listed for $17.19 + shipping(which is usually pretty high!)
On a side note, I've been waiting for a box of 10 rear spring cushions from my GM parts guy for like 4 months now. I don't even need them any more, just being the patient understanding customer! Gotta keep my parts guy happy!

Ya, the nylon lead with the hook and mast assembly.I'll call the Chevy parts dept .....Da...good idea!

Ya, the nylon lead with the hook and mast assembly.I'll call the Chevy parts dept .....Da...good idea!
......Update....It has been discontinued , so no go from the dealer.......It's supposed to ship today from another source. so we'll see.........

......Update....It has been discontinued , so no go from the dealer.......It's supposed to ship today from another source. so we'll see.........

Unfortunately it HAS been discontinued.
Stopped by my GM parts guy today and he told me both the AM/FM and AM/FM/CB repair leaders are "no longer in inventory".
He did show a new part no for the AM/FM one, 19151297, but I'm not sure of the status of that part.
He did print me out a list of dealers who actually show both parts in their inventory.
Jeff, if you're anywhere near Centereach, NY, Hustedt Chevrolet shows 2 in inventory. I have the phone no if you find you need it.

No shipment e-mail yet today from Corvette Central who seems to think they can get me one.I'll give the dealer in my area another call tomorrow and see if they can get it from Hustead Chevy.Thanks for the heads up on that.....You really need to keep your xtra one because you will eventually need it.....Man....I hope I can get this thing in before the end of the summer....I think that antenna is a nice touch to the car.....And the saga continues:bash

Well, if it comes down to it, I don't actually "need" the repair part I have for a CB. I simply have it for repairing other's antennas. So, yours would fall into that category.
I do have a mint late79-82 CB antenna from my white79. Came off at 11K miles. Broke when I was inspecting the Vette for purchase. Saved me a bit of money!
Replaced the nylon leader and stuck it in a box. Someday I'll get around to selling it. Put a NOS AM/FM antenna in its place as the CB radio was long gone. Don't see ever replacing it either. In fact I replaced the aftermarket radio that originally replaced the CB with a correct AM/FM/cassette.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom