Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

wanted- front speaker & amp bose

no body has a door speaker or amp laying around.

well i am getting closer, i got a couple of bose door speakers now. but i think i may need a door speakeer amp? the last time i put another speaker in my pass door amp it was all crackly, i am thinking that means shes on the way out?
any door speaker amps out there? 1986 vette
Thanks for looking!!!

The amps are in the speakers. hook them up and see how they sound.

then whats the black inclosure there in? just a box?

YUP. Well I can look tomorrow, the amps are in the box. I could take a Pic of one torn down.

the amps for the speaker are in the speakers themselfs or in the speaker inclosures they set in side the door in??

Sorry, they are in the enclosures. I'll get some pics and get em up today or tomorrow. Cleared out some of my PM's. I see you tried, but I was full.

DSCOpenAmp1403_1025.jpg

DSCAmpAndBox1404_1025.jpg

so the Bose system sends out low level signals and each speaker has its own amp?

again moon GREAT pictures!!! any body know what kind of wattage these little suckers are putting out?

Don't know the wattage, but I do know that what ususlly goes wrong that makes the speakers sound bad is the "caps". The caps are all the yellow capacitors or what ever the real name for them is.

They get overheated after a time (as you can infer from the discolotation). They can be replaced inexpensively. I'm gonna give it a whirl on some over the winter and see how it goes ;)

Moonunit,

Do you know a good source for the speaker/amp for my 1992? Front and rear driver side are both out, (no sound at all). I have heard that the fronts are a pain to remove-any helpful hints?

How is the tire working out? Mine are great-thanks again for the swap.

is there a way to make the door speaker work with out the amp?? i got a some new door speakers and plugged into that amp and it sounds like crap!

Replaced the front speaker in an '96. Involves taking out the seats as the door sill trim piece has to come out. Parking brake cover as well. Once the seats are out and then the door sill out, speaker/amp housing comes out with four screws.

Oh and taking seats out is quite easy. Unhook the bottom cushion to get to the four seat rail floor bolts...be sure to disconnect the power seat connectors and the air line if you have sport seats. Just be sure to take note on the driver's seat as to which of the two connectors go where. They are the same connector and if you switch them, the passenger's seat will no longer move. Does not hurt anything...just involves taking the driver's cushion out (again) to swap connectors.

Be advised if you buy a replacement amp, do not get the ones that have the gain adjustment control. These are an aftermarket brand and do not have the same output power as the originals...and you can hear the difference quite easily.

LannyL81

i got 2 bose door speakers like i had from another vette person that was done with them. but the pass side door amp is shot. so i took the speaker back out for now so i can at least listen to the other 3 good ones in my 86 vette. got that door panel off right now too, got the inner and outer window seals to do.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom