Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Warning<worthless Dealer In Bethany Missouri

mvvette97

Corvette
1997 black c5 corvette
Hey everybody. I just got screwed last week at a chevy dealer in Bethany Missouri called Pettijohns Auto Center. Don't ever go there. I took my 97 vette in for a column lock recall last week and sat there for three hrs. When it was done I noticed that the steering wheel still would lock, so I went back in and the mechanic said it was fine. So I went home and done some looking and seen that they didn't do anything at all. no dummy plate or k harness. I took it apart that is why I know. I went back down and the mechanic refused to talk to me. That made me mad. So I callede GM and they said they called the dealer .The dealer said that they did it. I know that they didn't do it. So GM customer service is no help what so ever. Now the car sais it has had the recall done but it hasn't. So the moral of the story is STAY AWAY FROM PETTIJOHN AUTO IN BETHANY MISSOURI unless you wanna get the shaft. If ant of you folks live near that place please do not go there. I"m still trying to figure out what to do. Anybody have any good ideas?

Did you get a copy of the work order from the dealer, detailing what they installed or replaced as part of the recall?

You mentioned the K-Harness. Does that mean you have an auto?

My only idea would be start documenting what happened, maybe get some photos (is is still apart?), start writing letters to the dealership and GM...

MsSchroder said:
Did you get a copy of the work order from the dealer, detailing what they installed or replaced as part of the recall?

You mentioned the K-Harness. Does that mean you have an auto?

My only idea would be start documenting what happened, maybe get some photos (is is still apart?), start writing letters to the dealership and GM...
Yes mine is an automatic. They didn't give me a copy of anything. It was apart but I put it back together. I took the lock plate out while I had it apart. I even showed the service manager the plate I took out.

I emailed the distric manager lastnight. He replied today and said he would take some copies of what I said to the service manager and the owner to show them. Maybe I can get something done.

Unethical Dealer- Sue Them!

Why not get your steering column repair properly done so your car will be fixed and sue the dealer for reimbursement in small claims court? When they get a court summons it will really get their attention and will be an inconvenience for them. Be sure to name the general manager or the owner when you file your motion to make sure they have to show up rather than someone representing them. Just be sure you can prove the dealer's negligence and your out of pocket cost to the Judge with documentation.

Regards, Greg

I ordered a k harness yesterday so I guess I will wait to hear what the manager has to say. I figured i wanted my vette fixed no matter what.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom