Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Was anyone expecting more

P

Piet

Was anyone else expecting a little more from the 50th anniversary vette?

I was hoping for a little more engine treatment, and body styling (like roll bars).
I mean, don't get me wrong, it's still a really nice looking car, I was just hoping for more.

* ducking behind flame resistant shield *

You are not alone!

There are a lot of people who were hoping for more!

We all knew that the new body design was not going to be there.
We all knew that the new engine was not going to be there.

So, what does that leave us??? A unique paint-job and some logos and maybe some stripes. Limited numbers? Special wheels?

What'd we get?? A unique paint-job (which I like by the way!). Some logos (which don't do anything for me!) Some stripes if you want them. (which I would not want!) Limited numbers.. NOT! Special wheels (not that special.. but nice!)

Would I still like one?? YUP!!

Oh, I forgot about the magnetically controlled shocks! Still not as stiff as our old Z07.. '91!

I am just as happy owning my Stingray. If I had money to dump, I would dump it in my old shark before purchasing a new one.

I think everyone was expecting more! Especially from the bigger motor standpoint, everyone wanted a bigger motor. I guess to try and get back to the 427, 454 days!

But regardless, it's still going to be a great product and should sell pretty well. Anyone heard anything on the price?

Hi Guys and Girls,
How many car name plates go on for 50 years. Ok, there is a "lack of power", minimal body change, and nothing else drastic. But, man, it's a Vette... a 50th model year Vette. Nothing fancy, just the fact is enough. I can't wait.

Yes - I was hoping for more.

My wife and I were both born in 1953 and I have owned Corvettes for years. We planned to order a 50th anniversary model to celebrate our 50th birthdays, but probably will not due to the lackluster edition.

99WhiteC5Coupe said:
Yes - I was hoping for more.

My wife and I were both born in 1953 and I have owned Corvettes for years. We planned to order a 50th anniversary model to celebrate our 50th birthdays, but probably will not due to the lackluster edition.

I think that just about says it all. People usually do something special on their 50th anniversary, it's quite a milestone.

I truly believe that after the auto magazines have been allowed to spend time with these cars and their stories appear anyone who can see beyond straight line speeds and horsepower ratings will begin to realize that there is something special about it. Sure the new technology will be optional on other coupes and convertibles for 2003 but if it wasn't for the fact that Corvette is celebrating its 50th birthday this technology probably would not have appeared on the Corvette until the introduction of the C6.

50th color combo

I like the idea of a white/red 50th car like the 1953"s! You could do the seats a special white leather with red carpet-dash-door panels, etc. It would be a fitting tribute, in my opinion.
What do you think??
Joe

Re: 50th color combo

wagonmaster said:
I like the idea of a white/red 50th car like the 1953"s! You could do the seats a special white leather with red carpet-dash-door panels, etc. It would be a fitting tribute, in my opinion.
What do you think??
Joe

To late now. It is what it is.

It's my understanding that the allotments of the 50th Anniversary Vettes are sold out, if you haven't ordered one already you aren't going to get one. Yes I expected more too. I had thought that a white with red interior would have been more apporiate for the 50th, but I do like the interior for the 50th, it's different. :):w

Expecting more? Not really. It's fairly consistent with previous anniversary and pace car editions, all of which were fundamentally cosmetic. And if you consider how significant mag ride may turn out to be, it may be a step ahead of the others.

I was fortunate enough to be at the official Press rollout of the Pace car and the 50h Anniversary editions at Indianapolis Motor Speedway back on April 10th. I, too, was a tad bit dissappointed...until I got a couple of "hot laps" around the Brickyard at 140mph.

The Selective Magnetic Ride Control is awesome. The Shale interior color is very classy and the overall Anniv. Red/Champagne (light gold) wheels make a stunningly beautiful automobile.

Would I buy one? No thanks, the color's not for me, but it is beautiful in the sunlight. I want the SMRC, though. Gimme a 2003 Spiral Grey Coupe with the SMRC.

Hi Guys and Girls,
I have a build week of 7/29/02. My event code is 3000. I can't wait.

justafamilyman said:
Hi Guys and Girls,
I have a build week of 7/29/02. My event code is 3000. I can't wait.

Cool! Keep us posted and let us know when you get it!:upthumbs

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom