Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! WASHER FLUID CONTAINER TROUBLE

V

Vette Gal

;help THIS CAN'T BE HAPPENING TO ME, LITTLE THINGS DRIVING ME CRAZY...OVER THE WINTER EVEN THOUGH STORED INSIDE SOMEHOW THE WINDSHIELD WASHER FLUID CONTAINTER CRACKED..JUST A MINOR THING, BUT I NEED IT. ("MOMMA TOLD ME THERE WOULD BE DAYS LIKE THIS") WHEN I WENT TO TAKE IT OUT, WHOA,
SEEMS LIKE I NEED TO REMOVE THE WHOLE ENGINE
TO GET AT IT...ANY SECRETS ON HOW TO REMOVE THIS
THING, WITHOUT BREAKING A NAIL:chuckle IS THERE A QUICK FIX TO REPAIR IT, WITHOUT REPLACING IT, OF COURSE THE CRACK SEEMS TO BE RIGHT ON THE BOTTOM;shrug

ANY AND ALL HELP WOULD BE SO MUCH APPRECIATED. I AM SURE GLAD I FOUND YOU ALL. :thumb VETTE GAL

That tank is a pain:bash There is (if i remember right) 2 of the mounting screws go in the the wheel well. You may have to take the front tire off the get at them. Once it is loose it's a matter of sliding out-up and twist to get it out.:beer Good Luck.

Gary

SAVE the WAVE

not only will you break a nail BUT you will get scratched.
you may have to remove what ever is above it to get it out....

Washer tank

Vettegal,
Welcome to CAC!
Washer bottle is a PITA!
Did mine on my 81 a few years ago.
I believe the charcoal canister must be moved to get at it.
I went from under the car and through the fender vent.
It takes quite a while to get it out and get another in.
Be sure to get a replacement before you remove the old one.
They are hard to find!!!!
When you do get another one in be sure to put the windshield washer antifreeze..... the stuff good for -35 in it.Probably only had water in it and it cracked over the winter.

Good luck.... Barry :beer

If the one from a 77 is the same I have one that I will give you. It is discolored, but no leaks.

Thanks so much Art Jett

Too bad. Sorry!

Thank you so much for the offer..........I would have thought the 77 and 82 were the same, they all have the shark body styling......but what do I know I am only a gal.;LOL......you would think there would be an after market supply since these containers are only plastic. I can't be the only one in the C3 era needing one.

Oh well, I have to take the tire off to get at it, so may have to resort to the old duct tape.:chuckle...just kidding,,,,,
there must be some kind of glue or gunk to repair it, out in the auto stores.

I really appreciate your offer, it was most kind of you.

I haven't had hardly any problems with my car, just minor stuff, but as she ages, little things are popping
up and being a gal I am trying to as much as I can myself.:W
CHEERS for NOW.....Vette Gal:beer

mine in my 82 was cracked also and i am one of those people who is constantly cleaning his windshield so it drove me nuts.... i took one look at the process of replacing that thing and decided to sell the car instead:D.... at least mine was only cracked halfway up so i could still get enough in it for the drive that day

Barry08 is right. You have to get at it from under the car, by removing the horizontal splash shield behind the wheel. Then remove the charcoal cannister. Then you remove the front tire and remove the bolts that hold the container in place. The jug is then lowered throught the bottom.

There might me an epoxy that will repair polyethylene, which doesn't like being mended, but try an auto parts store anyway.

Cheers,

A. J.

Very odd, i searched all the known Parts places online, none carry "Windshield Washer Jar " or "Windshield Washer Bottle".. The extension or the cap, but not the bottle itself.. Very odd..

My suggestion would be a junkyard.. If you have one closeby, see if they have a 82, or try one online. There are a few that specialize in Vettes..

Good luck with your search..

:w
-Stefan

Washer Fluid Container

I had the same "Issue" with mine two years back it leaked, and I called all over. No One Makes an aftermarket replacement! Crazy right. . . You can get Freakin Corvette Logo T. Paper, but us 82 owners can't get a Washer jug! LOL:bash

No way to get around the "Pain" of removing it, then you just need to decide "do I Patch it and put it back, or replace it with one from a salvage yard that may leak in a few years anyway"?

I went the Salvage Yard route, hope I don't live to regret it. There is a guy in MS "Dinos Corvette Salvage" he has alot of CE parts. And he's a real nice guy his web site is Used Corvette Parts - Corvette Salvage sells top quality new and used Corvette Parts at fair prices! but call him you won't find "salvage" parts inventoried on the web.

Tell him Gerry from CT sent ya!

Good Luck.

PS: I'm wishing I had painted the thing when I had it out. Now my whole bay is done and the uglyest item in there, is that milky, gray, aged, jug. Dam. (But it doesn't leak)

It's odd that one isn't available from Eckler's orsomewhere like that. I bought a new one for mine from them.

I even called Zip to see what was up and was told that no one is reproducing them at this time. Try Contemporary Corvettes in Bristol, Pennsylvania. They are a Corvette salvage yard and great people to do business with. I have bought parts from them on more than one occasion and have gotten great service. Good luck, Art

Hi Gerry

I had the same "Issue" with mine two years back it leaked, and I called all over. No One Makes an aftermarket replacement! Crazy right. . . You can get Freakin Corvette Logo T. Paper, but us 82 owners can't get a Washer jug! LOL:bash

No way to get around the "Pain" of removing it, then you just need to decide "do I Patch it and put it back, or replace it with one from a salvage yard that may leak in a few years anyway"?

I went the Salvage Yard route, hope I don't live to regret it. There is a guy in MS "Dinos Corvette Salvage" he has alot of CE parts. And he's a real nice guy his web site is Used Corvette Parts - Corvette Salvage sells top quality new and used Corvette Parts at fair prices! but call him you won't find "salvage" parts inventoried on the web.

Tell him Gerry from CT sent ya!

Good Luck.

PS: I'm wishing I had painted the thing when I had it out. Now my whole bay is done and the uglyest item in there, is that milky, gray, aged, jug. Dam. (But it doesn't leak)

I emailed Dino today and keeping my fingers crossed, I agree with you, we have more CE3 accessories than you can think of, coffee mugs, jackets, hats you name it.
Although I must admit I have never seen T. Paper that would be interesting:chuckle.Thanks for the info I really appreciate it........we don't have Corvette Salvage yards here in Canada, or maybe we do I have never ever heard of any..........but then again this is the land of the Great
Frozen North, where we are lucky to drive our Vettes 6 months of the year..............I should have been born in the USA.............:thumb

Vette Gal

Although I must admit I have never seen T. Paper that would be interesting:chuckle.

i have never seen corvette tp either and it would be a sin to use it... but i wouldnt mind some with the ford or toyota logo:D

THANKS GERRY...AND EVERYONE ELSE WITH ALL THE HELP IN LOCATING A WINDSHIELD WASHER FLUID CONTAINER...............YEAH I FOUND ONE...................ONE HAPPY GAL HERE............WHAT AN AMAZING GROUP OF PEOPLE YOU ALL ARE..........CHEERS VETTE GAL

i have never seen corvette tp either and it would be a sin to use it... but i wouldnt mind some with the ford or toyota logo:D

IF I EVER COME ACROSS ANY SPECIALTY
T.P. I MOST CERTAINLY WILL SEND YOU SOME, ESPECIALLY IF IT HAS FORD MUSTANGS ON IT................:chuckle I HAVE HEARD THEY HAVE ELVIS T P OUT THERE SOMEWHERE AND FOR ME THAT IS ALMOST "DON'T BE CRUEL"..............:boogie
VETTE GAL

Barry08 is right. You have to get at it from under the car, by removing the horizontal splash shield behind the wheel. Then remove the charcoal cannister. Then you remove the front tire and remove the bolts that hold the container in place. The jug is then lowered throught the bottom.

Cheers,

A. J.
Absolutely correct. Easiest and best way. It's still a PITA though...

I'm so glad somebody else has done this before. I sprung a leak and am barely able to crawl around under the car any more. It's good to know the best and easiest way to get it out, because I took one look at it and thought I better go to the CAC tech section and search around before I start to get any tools out. Thank You!!!!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom