Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Waterpump LET GO!

wx briefer

Corvette
LT4 - Cam, exhaust,intake / '03 Z06 caged/ '19 ZR1
At 65K miles the waterpump let go all at once completely soaking the front of the engine. Time for a Hot Cam. Anyone have knowledge of a thread or homepage with a step by step walk through of this procedure? I have the helms manuals but any information from one that has been there and done that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

warning signs?

Was there any warning, strange codes?

Mine is still original, and I'm not sure I want to drive the car
out of state if it's not going to give me warning!

only warning you'll get is a slight leak from the pump itself that i know of and this is what kills the opti because of the slow leak. easy way to see if it's about time to change out is look up under the car at the waterpump itself and look at the bottom of it . there is a small hole that is where the leaks begin. look for any rust color from this area that looks like water has been leaking.

FYI water pumps aren't that expensive or hard to replace even with electronic waterpumps and sothpaw i know you'll like this, with electronic waterpump you'll pick up a few more ponies!

Keep an eye on the Grand Sport Registry and Hashmarks.com. Their should be tech tips posted on one or both of those sites that cover the hot cam/water pump/rockers installation.

As for indications that the water pump was going, did you notice any marks on the underside of the hood? It looks something like this:
underhood.jpg

I've been getting something simmilar to that for a while now, but I didnt relize what it was until I saw this pic.

Jason

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom