Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Weatherstrip questions!

Rookie Vette owner

Corvette
1973 Blue Coupe
I have heard about different kinds of weatherstrip kits being available, some say they are just like original and say others don't have the skin on them. Which is the closest? I have heard of two companies: CRC - Corvette Rubber Company? & Missaukee Molded Rubber. Are they the same? Preference? Any specific problems while performing install?? TIPS?? Thanks for your input!

Back in Oct 01, I changed all the weatherstriping on my car . At that time I bought all the replacement rubber from Rik's in Morganton, NC.
There weatherstriping worked fine and at the time they were the least expensive.
The problem is that the rear glass weatherstrip has lots of cracks in it so I just today got a rear glass weatherstrip from Doc Rebuild, it seems a lot softer. I'll put it on soon.
There are so many companys, and they all claim to have exact replacement it's hard to know who to believe.
Have fun with your project, PG>

In the long run you probably are better off going the GM route and pay the extra for parts that fit and work as they should. Just my 2 cents.

When I ordered a complete set for my '69, I was told Corvette Rubber and Missaukee Molded Rubber were the same (AKA). I think they are one of the few manufacturers.

Very happy with their product.

Ralph.

may also help

Hi Rookie vette owner, a few tips when fitting new weather seals, use a bucket of water with a small amount of liquid dish washer mixed with the water, place the new seals in the bucket, then take them and fit them straight in, this makes the seals easyer to fit especially if some are a tight fit, they will go straight in, then make sure you push your seals from the ends to the center before you cut them to length, asthey often shrink and end up with a gap later on. regards wayne down under.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom