Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! Weatherstripping Help needed in WI

aklim

Corvette
91 White Coupe
I got the Willcox Corvette Weatherstrips to fix the leak in the door areas. That didn't work any better than the OEM ones. That tells me one simple thing. Either BOTH the OEM and the Willcox units are junk, possible but not probable or the doors are not aligned properly (way more probable). I have talked to a body shop that gave it a shot but no joy. Still leaks.

So, is there anyone who knows a good shop that can cure the issue? Willcox says that if I get it to them, the probably can fix it but they are too far away. Any ideas for a shop, ANYONE? TIA.

Contact your local vette club, they will know of good shops in your area.

I just installed all new weatherstriping on my 93. Bought them from Lone Star Car Parts. Cheapest cost I could find and better than the piecemeal stuff I bought from the usual suspects (Corvette only sales outfits). Notice the immediate difference in the rear window seal. Where is your leak in specific? I do know prep work is critical.

Perhaps some guidance would help. I did not use any instructions but then I guess I haven't made enough mistakes to appreciate instructions. See below.

Weather Strip Installation Instructions by Lonestar Car Parts

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom