Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Weatherstripping & the options.

Flared69

Corvette
1969 350ci #36155
I have the following options for weatherstrip kits:

Corvette Central (deluxe kit) @ $354.95
The Last Detail (deluxe kit) @ $250.00

The main difference appears to be TLD's lack of a rear window wstrip peice. My query is regarding TLD and it's service. Are they any good? And has anyone ever purchased weatherstripping stuff from them and is satisfied?

What I was planning on doing was getting the $250 set from TLD, and from CC getting the rear window strip, black adhesive, and the 3M General Purpose Adhesive Cleaner. I am willing to fork out the $355 on the CC deal if there are bad reports regarding TLD though.

Cheers :),

Nik.

The Last Detail is an excellent vendor. I have been very happy with my purchases from them. They will go out of their way to assist you and make sure that you are getting what you want and need. A+

tom...

That's good enough for me :)

I found the rear strip @ TLD for $25.

They seem to be consistantly cheaper than everyone else too, although their range isn't quite as large as CC's, but there are allways work arounds. Do I have to call them to find out if a product is in stock?

I would call them and discuss what it is that you are doing and see what they recommend. When I have done an internet order they have called me to confirm the part that I was wanting (was getting a gas tank and they called to explain three options).

tom...

I'm also 2 for 2 with TLD. No compliants here... As a matter of fact, I'm just about to order my new weatherstrip from them in a few weeks.

$350 spent so far (including w/s) and counting! Great parts and fast service!

Just wanted to add,Ive bought about 20 or so ws kits among other things from TLD and have always been pleased.I probably buy more ws than anything else.They always seem to have the best prices .They are lacking the smaller parts but they sell the main items needed.

I was very impressed.

I ordered from TLD that night, and received an email the next morning saying they had posted my stuff out :eek:

Got all the weatherstripping yesterday! Great service and pricing. Now I just have to figure out which goes where :)

thanks guys, appreciated.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom