Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Weird noise under passenger dash

Jessica19699

Corvette
1998 Jet black coupe
Hello CAC world its been awhile since my last posting I guess that is a good thing haha ,anyway I have a issue not sure if it is serious or not recently I been hearing this rattling/grinding type noise under my passenger dash area the A/C is running at the time I hear it so I'm not sure if it has something to do with the A/C or not I only last a few seconds then goes away for a bit then comes back, the A/C works fine still, I seen some other posting saying it might be the A/C vents screws loosing up or rattling has any one else heard of or dealt with this issue?

Thanks in advance.. Jessica

Just AC or does it make the same noise when you run the heater?

Just AC or does it make the same noise when you run the heater?

i havet tried it with the heater, im having the alternator replaced now I will try it when I get It back, mechanic friend told me that leaves can get in fan/blower and cause it to become off balanced.

I had a friend with a similar problem and when he pulled his fan, he found a mouse nest inside (he parked his over the winter months). Hope it is something simple like that but,,,, when mine did that, turned out to be the fan motor, bearing went bad. It would quiet down a bit on high speed but pretty noisy on low. On the plus side, fan motors were cheap 10 years ago and R&R was easy enough for a non mechanically minded person like me.

Last edited:
I had a friend with a similar problem and when he pulled his fan, he found a mouse nest inside (he parked his over the winter months). Hope it is something simple like that but,,,, when mine did that, turned out to be the fan motor, bearing went bad. It would quiet down a bit on high speed but pretty noisy on low. On the plus side, fan motors were cheap 10 years ago and R&R was easy enough for a non mechanically minded person like me.

thanks for the info, so I had a mechanic look at it yesterday and he said there was no leaves or anything in the fan he had mentioned about mouse nest sometimes also but he said there was none of that, it don't make the noise a lot it is kind of like a heavy vibration noise and it may be the fan has a bad bearing I guess I will have to wait and see if it gets worse, the mechanic I know says accessing the fan is pretty easy so that is a good thing I guess

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom