Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Welcome me aboard: New 1994 Corvette ZR-1 owner

mnl119

Corvette
1994 Red Metallic ZR1
I just bought my first corvette. A 1994 ZR-1 with only 16,000 miles on it!I've never actually driven a ZR-1 before, but I found this one on a dealer lot in San Jose and got it for $26,200 ($28,500) out the door and I thought it was a steal.

I've always dreamed about getting a ZR-1 since the first time I saw one at an auto show in Columbus Ohio in 1990.

I still really can't believe it happened. By the way, this is my first post here. I've spent the last few hours lurking and it looks like a great site for information.

Thanks!

I'm Jelous you ZR1 stealing B******. Just kidding.

Welcome aboard mnl119, you will find this place to be the most amazing Corvette website around.

There are tons of people in here that are very knowlegable.

You do know about the wave, don't you?:w

Welcome
Mart

Hello and welcome. Your going to love your car. Are you going to come on the cruise on august 21? We have about 40 other vettes coming. We will be meeting in santa cruz and going to hooters in pleasenton. Check out the pacific event section. It's always nice to see another z around here

Congrats on your new 94. I agree, you got a steal on that car!
Good Luck. Any other info on your car ? What color interior, What number?

Hey,

It's a Metallic Red exterior with Black interior. Has the dual roof panel option and is #58 for the 1994 model year. Only fault with the car that I've found is a kaput CD palyer, which I shipped off to get fixed for a whopping $150. I should learn how to post some pictures, it's really beautiful.

That dark red metallic is one of my favorite colors. Someone must of traded that car on a new vette. I bet who ever that person was, they will regret it.

HEY - Told ya you'd like this place!
Its like a third home to me. hahahaha
(and no immature smart asses like on the Deal Mac board...)
These smart asses are MUCH older here on the CAC! LOL ;LOL;LOL;LOL

Glad you are making yourself at home and showing yourself around the forum.

Hollar if you have any questions or comments!

Let me officially say WELCOME to the CAC and keep us posted on that great Vette you bought.

Rain, Susan and Coral

Welcome and enjoy the car. You should consider joing the LT5 Registry.

Hi There

Looks like that was the one sitting at Smthe European in San Jose correct?

Speedemon,

That's right, it was the one at Smythe European in San Jose. Did you go to see it at some point?

Mark

Mark

I didn't actually go see it see it, but I did post that car being available on the Team ZR-1 listserver. There is a couple of Vette shows coming up this weekend here in the Valley, one in Brentwood on Saturday August 14th, and the other one in Lodi on Sunday August 15th. I'm going to the Lodi show on Sunday but haven't decided if I'm going to show the car. Maybe I can meet up with you in Lodi if you decide to attend that show. Here is some info on these shows:

http://www.wscc.ws/Lincoln%20Park%20flyer%20for%202004.pdf
http://www.wscc.ws/VetteFair.pdf

Art,

Thanks for the info on the shows, although neither link was to the one in Brentwood. The links were for Tracy and Lodi. The show in Brentwood takes place about a half mile from my house! I was wondering when it was going to be held this year.

At this point, I wouldn't be able to show the car anyway. The factory CD player was DOA on this one, and I had to remove it, send it away to be fixed, so the dashboard is dissassembeld at this point. I also have to get the insurance stuff straightened out.

How many miles do you have on that '95? Boy it sure looks sharp!

Mark

I'm sorry that I said Brentwood, I meant Tracy. They canceled the show in Brentwood this year for reasons I don't know, but if you want a schedule of the shows going on in this area here's a link to it:

http://www.wscc.ws/#activities

If you're not doing anything on Sunday just take a drive out here and I'll meet up with you at the show. You don't have to show your car, just show up and check out the show. I don't know if I'm showing may car or not. If I get up Sunday morning and feel up to sitting out in the hot sun, then I'll pull the cover off the car and show up. If not I'll just take the car out later for a Sunday drive. Hope to see you there on in Lodi on Sunday.

Art

Congratulations on the ZR1 purchase! I, too, recently purchased my first Z car. It was on my list of dream Corvettes for years. I understand your excitement on the purchase and it will continue every time you "saddle up" and ride.
Coincidentally, my CD player was kerput, also. Must be one of the idiosyncrasies of "The Beast."

Dennis,

Wow, a 40th anniversary model ZR-1 too! I've been looking at those too, but they are just too expensive for me at this point in my life.

I sent my CD player to Dr Don's in Texas. Others have had good luck with him, so I'll see if I have the same experience. It was $165 with shipping (on ebay) so the price was right.

http://www.drdons.com

Congrats on the new Ride. Nice to see another Z in SoCal. Hope to see it in one on the meets

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom