Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Wella.......Wella.......Wella..........

A

awesome 72

Got my 350 on a stand, but can't decide which way to g.

I want the simplest way to raise the hp. Should I turn the

crank and put in tutonich flat tops, Get a 383 pre-balanced

kit. Buy a new crank, Supercharger. Any suggestions welcome, TY. Also

What supplier choice can is there :)besides Summit.

Mark.

There's two questions that always get asked right off the bat. They are the most important questions.

1) How fast do you want to go?
2) How much money do you have?

What is the condition of the block that using?

Those are the 2 questions to ask. Although the answer to #2 determines the answer to #1.

Good Luck!!!

Hey Mark, I see you didn't get many replies, so let me lob a few thoughts across the pond at ya.
1. If it's the original numbers matching motor and resale value is a concern, then don't mess with it. If you want serious hp buy a crate motor and put the 350 in storage.

2. If you want a mild hp increase, I suggest you look at the breathing - headers, new manifold, new carb. After that, look at the cam.

3. There are loads of vendors out there on the net. Summit are good, but look at Jegs too.

4. If you want a more detailed response, give us some details of what you've already done and how much you want to spend.

J

$1,000 to $2,500 budget = cam, intake, headers, carb

$3,000 to $4,000 budget = above with heads

$5,000 to $7,500 budget = above with 383 stroker kit

$8,000 to $10,000 budget = supercharger

$15,000 budget = 572 crate engine

$1,000 to $2,500 budget = cam, intake, headers, carb

$3,000 to $4,000 budget = above with heads
MMMmmm...If he's doing the labor himself, he should be able to fit in a nice pair of heads into the price range of the first group. He can get some top notch AFR heads (180cc Ported/polished) for about $1500. The other components you mentioned shouldn't cost him $1000.
But otherwise that's a pretty fair breakdown you gave. :upthumbs

Here's a good article on the AFR heads I mentioned versus the equivalent GM Bowtie heads...

TY Guys

Thanks everyone.......keep em comin....I'm areadin

Mark.

Uhhhh ???????

How do you blueprint the:) orig. engine.

Put L48 on garage floor, spray blue around it, then buy a ZZ4.

For you smog control guys.

I was at the local Corvette shop and got to see their latest creation. They stuck a HT383 in (looked like a 1981) a newer car. He says the computer, carb and ignition works perfectly with it and it passes California Smog! Sounds like a great solution to gain HP and still pass Smog for that car.

I didn't get to go for a ride in it, yet. :)

Well we got it almost ready, just waiting for bearings tool and gonna have a crack at that, then rebuild rain or shine with flat tops, new rings and voodo cam.
Whatdya think.good choice, will taht work. My email is hypemarketing#yahoo.com please keep in touch. always nice to hear from Brother Vetters. Into her around $5000 so far

What is the voodoo cam ? Is that the one that launches the lifters off the cam just before peak cam lift ? If it is I would avoid it. If your cam is much better than stock (ie. bigger duration and lift) you may need an aftermarket intake and better than stock heads to take full advantage of it. If all the parts are not matched for the performance they should each deliver, then you will have a dog and be kickin yourself till you change it.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom