Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

What are some of the problems with C-6 ?

tls630

Corvette
69 roadster 88roadster
I am thinking about a new 08. I wanted to know what are some of the problems that they have with the C-6'S and have they corrected them?:)

I don't have enough free time to enjoy it as mush as I would like to. That's my biggest complaint. By the time the 08s come out most of the early problems should be gone. They included some software issues with the fuel gauge and there were some issues with the radios not coming on.

Only complaints with my 07 1. Exhaust sounded wimpy. Fix: Kooks lt's and midsection, with Corsa Sports outback. 2. Shifter on the mn6 kinda sucked to my liking. Fix: Installed Callaway shifter. 3. Did not like looks of stock air box. Fix: Installed BBK cai. and last but not least I would not take delivery with, imho those ugly wheels they come with. Fix: A set of nice forged aluminum wheels from CCW Wheels. Now I'm a totally satisfied customer.

I don't have enough free time to enjoy it as mush as I would like to. That's my biggest complaint. By the time the 08s come out most of the early problems should be gone. They included some software issues with the fuel gauge and there were some issues with the radios not coming on.

My thoughts as well. :beer

I have 2 '07's... well OK, the Wife has one and I have the other. Anyway, my only complaint is NOT ENOUGH CRUZIN TIME!!!

Hecox

I have 2 '07's... well OK, the Wife has one and I have the other. Anyway, my only complaint is NOT ENOUGH CRUZIN TIME!!!

Hecox
I got a problem.
500 mile break in
I CAN'T GO 55!!!!:bash

Rear end chatter seems to be an issue lately for C6 owners, although from what I've been reading it has been on ongoing differential problem since the 1960's. Just began appearing in my '06 after about 4,000 miles and now have 8,000 miles. Headed to dealer Friday for the flush and fix.

I've had the 'roof recall' done and the rear end chatter issue on my '06. Other that that, it's been pretty good.

Just sold the '03 AE and will put an '08 on order at first available order date.

I've had the 'roof recall' done and the rear end chatter issue on my '06. Other that that, it's been pretty good.

Just sold the '03 AE and will put an '08 on order at first available order date.
Tuna,
Besides the obvious roof flying off the car, is there any other indication that this is happening or about to happen to my roof? What do I look for? Thanks.

" got a problem.
500 mile break in
I CAN'T GO 55!!!!"

The Wife's car has got 2k on it and my Silver coupe has 520 miles on it. But I do feel your pain with waiting on the "break in" time.

I have had NO issues of any kind with either '07.

Hecox

I have heard that there is a problem with the axle shaft bolts not being torqued properly, (I am guessing here) 115 foot pounds but are only set at 60 foot pounds torque. Some wheels have supposedly sheared off.

Anyone else have any information about this as a possible issue?

I am thinking about a new 08. I wanted to know what are some of the problems that they have with the C-6'S and have they corrected them?:)
Bringing my DSOM 05 in tomorrow morning for the roof recall. No noise yet, but don't want to wait till it flies off.

Do they have the roof problem fixed or is it ongoing? How about the rear end howl?The reason I ask is I hate going back to the dealer for anything!

Tuna,
Besides the obvious roof flying off the car, is there any other indication that this is happening or about to happen to my roof? What do I look for? Thanks.

Well, they tell me that when the roof has problems, the things you might notice are:
increased wind noise
the roof seems to pop up slightly when a door or deck lid is closed
there may be popping noises from the roof when driving

I had some popping noises after start up but only for a mile or so - usually less - and I still have them. This is after the glue test was done and my roof was pronounced fit as a fiddle.

Check around the forum threads here for some horror stories about losing the roof. Makes you want to check them.

BTW, it only applies to the painted roof on coupes.

Do they have the roof problem fixed or is it ongoing? How about the rear end howl?The reason I ask is I hate going back to the dealer for anything!

It appears that by early 2007, the roof issue was fixed.

My rear end noise was a 'growling' sound when taking tight turns at slow speeds - parking lots, driveways. The fix is to drain and refill the differential with fresh fluid a couple of bottles of additive (friction modifier). No big deal but a bit of a hassle going to the dealer. Didn't take very long.
This is not the first time the Vette has experienced this issue as the C4 had it also in some years.

I do not have any roof problems with either '07.

Hecox

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom