Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

What are you paying for a C6??

What are you paying for your C6

• Much less than 500 below MSRP

Votes: 125 62.2%
  • 500 Below MSRP

Votes: 16 8.0%
  • MSRP

Votes: 45 22.4%
  • 500 above MSRP

Votes: 4 2.0%
  • 1000 above MSRP

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • More than 1000 above MSRP

Votes: 8 4.0%

• Total voters
Ya know i'm about to turn 61 or at least i'll be 61 when I get my 08.Having said that the C-7 that i'll get when i'm say 65-67 should be my last one.:D:D

vett boy; ditto on that . just a couple years behind ya. Only problem-don't know how many more mortgages I can put on this place:L

vett boy; ditto on that . just a couple years behind ya. Only problem-don't know how many more mortgages I can put on this place:L

Those old sayin's "Ya only live once" ,"wished I'd worked more" "life is short"

There are some dealers in the cold country looking to sell off 08's right now

There are some dealers in the cold country looking to sell off 08's right now

Yep - discounts on 08's already and if they have 2007's, I would expect AT LEAST 10k OFF MSRP for an "walk-in" buyer.

My one friend has already done GM Supplier pricing on his 2008 - ordered it the FIRST week they were orderable :w

I was offered invoice for an 08 a month before the dealer had pricing.That alone tells ya the market is soft.If your paying any more that 1 or 2 % over invoice your paying to much.

Doesn't it also matter when one ordered?

Would dealers have gotten more right after the C6 debut?

Invoice seems to be the starting point for coupe and convertible sales now. Z06 and Pace cars are still holding a premium.

My favorite dealer wanted to pass on that he will sale new coupes and convertibles (not special editions) at invoice intil the end of the year. Knippelmier Chevy, Blanchard, OK. 405-485-3333 - give them a call.

Most the 08's here are going for MSRP to little under, with ZO6's going around 5k over. I traded and they owed me money, doesn't have very often.

Invoice seems to be the starting point for coupe and convertible sales now. Z06 and Pace cars are still holding a premium.

My favorite dealer wanted to pass on that he will sale new coupes and convertibles (not special editions) at invoice intil the end of the year. Knippelmier Chevy, Blanchard, OK. 405-485-3333 - give them a call.
Ok silly basic question, but how do you know what is the invoice price on the car your interested to begin negotiations?

Ok silly basic question, but how do you know what is the invoice price on the car your interested to begin negotiations?

Check Edmonds auto.Add about one and a half percent for advertising.Keep in mind two things #1 GM's price increase #2 sales are off 8% on vetts for the year.

Paid on a 08 C6 Vert -4LT Crystal Red - F55 -NPP- NAV- A6 Trans -Competitive Rear End $750 over Invoice + 2% Advertising Museum Delivery. From a local Cadillac/Chevy dealer, I think it was a fair price.

Started to look yesterday for 2008 LT4 coupe loaded. First place I called was Maxie Price and their first quote was $6k off sticker and $32.5 for my 2004 6speed convertible with 16k miles. I thought that was a really good first offer. Jack Raleigh NC

Price check, aisle 3LT

I'm getting close... I am firm on the options I want, in the 'getting quotes' stage. The prices in parenthesis are what I found on Edmunds.com

2008 Vette Coupe (41,260)
Black / Ebony
3LT package (3740)
NPP dual-mode exhaust (990)
F55 magnetic ride control (1655)
MX0 automatic paddle shifters (1040)
C2L dual roof package (1160)
QX1 competition grey wheels (330)

For a total invoice of $51,000 and a "Edmunds True Market Value" of $56,800.

Only two of the dealerships have sent me email so far (I used the corvette.com quote request tool).

One put it at $53,500 (with free loaner cars and free carwashes) and the other at $52,900.

Obviously neither of those are below invoice. The $52,900 is about 3.75% over. I can probably negotiate it down a little - but then of course Washington has stupid high sales tax.

Anyone have any comments on those two quotes I've gotten so far?

???

I'm getting close... I am firm on the options I want, in the 'getting quotes' stage. The prices in parenthesis are what I found on Edmunds.com

2008 Vette Coupe (41,260)
Black / Ebony
3LT package (3740)
NPP dual-mode exhaust (990)
F55 magnetic ride control (1655)
MX0 automatic paddle shifters (1040)
C2L dual roof package (1160)
QX1 competition grey wheels (330)

For a total invoice of $51,000 and a "Edmunds True Market Value" of $56,800.

Only two of the dealerships have sent me email so far (I used the corvette.com quote request tool).

One put it at $53,500 (with free loaner cars and free carwashes) and the other at $52,900.

Obviously neither of those are below invoice. The $52,900 is about 3.75% over. I can probably negotiate it down a little - but then of course Washington has stupid high sales tax.

Anyone have any comments on those two quotes I've gotten so far?

I just closed a deal on a 08 coupe MSRP of $51425 my cost $ 46425 + TT&L. Email me if you need more info. mj

I am paying about 47K for a Crystal Red 3LT with Chrome wheels, Automatic. I am using the GM employee pricing. Sticker was 55,305.

New Vettes

Does anyone know where I can purchase a new C6 under MSRP. I have found a lot of dealer that will sell for MSRP however no one so far will go below it. Thanks for any help.
I just check there web site again www.kerbeck.com It looks like a hell of a deal ,but maby I really don,t know what I,m looking at. I hope this helps and if it turns out not to be let me know so I can save some time in the next couple months. GOOD LUCK TIM

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom