Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

What AutoWeek just said it'll look like...

• Thread starter Vettes Forever!
  • Start date
V

Vettes Forever!

My mailman just brought my latest AutoWeek (June 3 cover date, received June 3rd) and they have a neat article on how their spies say they THINK the C6 will shake out, in 2005.

Check it out; they included a lot of informed guessing on what technologies will be introduced.

Their sources (and Andrew Kem, their artist who did the color front and rear quarter sketches with the article) are saying the next-gen 'vette will be somewhat more angular and faceted than the C5.

As the guy used to say on TV, ".....veeeeeery eenteresting!!!"

Fred

P.S. And how's this for a scary thought: it's supposedly designed by the guy (Tom Peters) responsible for the Pontiac Aztek! The article goes on to say "...but our design sources insist we not hold THAT against him -- he was simply the fall guy for the design-by-committee that begot the Aztek." Hope so!

That was a cool article. I was kind of disappointed when they said curb weight would be about the same though. Wasn't everyone hoping for a lighter weight car?

I wonder what the MSRP will be on those cars.

Why no increase in displacement?

Thanks for the post, Barb. It worries me that Caddy and Cor vette are so close. I've not seen Cadillac do anything right for many, many years. BTW, a good book for Corvette folks is 'All Corvettes Are Red'.

The GM internals are described, which is sickening at once, then refreshing as the Corvette team held for a great C5, the right way as opposed to a deadline. It helps us understand the fiction published by the automotive preess, in search of a story that sells, and how our favorite car has and continues to evolve.

I am all for right, over timing.

LOL oh boy

The same guy that designed Aztec making the C6?! This outta be good..(according to them not to worry)

Im worrying LOL

I'm actually not worried about it at all because I don't forsee myself even getting a C5 nonetheless a C6 down the line. My next Corvette will be an LT4. After the LT4, it will be LT5 and then I'm going back to either 427 or 454.:D

Looks like something out of the cartoon Speed Racer!

Ying/Yang theory abound here...

Well at least GM is giving the C6 a great base line engine...the extra 25 ponies for the Z06 is weak though...

They fixed the rear end of the car, making it at least appealing instead of an after thought...but the front end is just plain ugly now...

Xenon headlights is a good thing...but keep the retractible headlights...maybe go back to C4 style roll overs

The extended rear glass will be great for rear visibilty...the extended rear glass will be great for growing a rain forest...don't want to even think about what summer time in Southwest would be like with that large of a green house.

Glad to see the traditional "gills" in the side of the car continue on...but the entire side of that car? Thats a bit much

Tom Peters should have stopped with the Aztec and found a new career....maybe at Ford...they have no boundries

Re: Ying/Yang theory abound here...

LT1Vettepilot said:
Tom Peters should have stopped with the Aztec and found a new career....maybe at Ford...they have no boundries

:L :L :L

I think these articles discussing the evolutionary process for the C6 are designed to bolster sales until the introduction..

I'm just guessing but all of a sudden..there's no weight decrease..the engines of C6 ZO6 (which is coming a year after the C6 launch) are only 25 hp greater..

Increasing these existing motors hp 20 hp is not that big a deal. I have to believe GM put out a smoke screen press release package to sell a lot of 50th anniversary and even more so for the 2004 C5..

I bet we see 425hp out of the 2004 version of the Z..

maybe 390 out of the stick shift version of the standard C5 coupe and convertible..(A4 is tight on torque capability with enough reserve to satisfy warranty guys) so unless the five speed comes out in the last year...the A4 will most likely stay at current power levels..for the last year of production..

I am of the belief that the C6 will be an evolutionary style in a way that the 68 Corvette had a relationship to the 67..both beautiful but the 68 was just a lot sexier....

(actually I love the 67 fastback and convertible so no flames please..just sort of discussing the evolution of both the underpinnings and the body..)

I really think this last barriage of nothing exciting for the C6 is just a PR plan to sell every last C5!

You got to figure, you can take only "so much" weight out of the car. The C5 is so dam big, unless they make the car smaller dont expect a weight reduction of more than 50-75 LBS for the C6.

As an old fart, I'm sure that the C6 design will be desirable to most of us fanatics....I've never seen a lousy-looking new Corvette, and I've been buying 'new' back as far as 1975.

I've got a super Z06 now, and I have had a C6 on order for a year, and with Lutz steering the Chevy ship, I have confidence that the power will be there as well as a really attractive/functional design.....why wouldn't they do that?

However.....to each his own.
-------------------------------
Mac Cross
Toronto, Ontario
'01 Torch Z06
'98 C5 Sebring Targa....gone, not forgotten
Recent '67 big block Sting Ray NCRS Top Flight L36 rag
NCM Shinoda Charter Mem #3216
NCRS # 19306
C5Registry #0218

i like-a very much-a

those drawings are so cool, if the C6 comes out like that, i will buy it right away (well not really, i dont have that kind of money, but u get the idea)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom