Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

What car wax/polish do you use?

wvstar

Corvette
2000 vert bright yellow
I was going to buy some Liquid Glass Auto Polish to "wax" my Vette for (my) first time. Unfortunately, can't seem to find it anywhere.

On that subject, was wondering what polish / wax have others used that you would recommend?

I've used Mequires products a lot...seems to be so many variations these days.

I was going to buy some Liquid Glass Auto Polish to "wax" my Vette for (my) first time. Unfortunately, can't seem to find it anywhere.

On that subject, was wondering what polish / wax have others used that you would recommend?

Liquid Glass is a great product, and I used it on all my early Vettes, and I think I'll go back to it. It's still available at a number of sources, including ebay and J.C Whitney.

BTW - Liquid Glass is the only car polish to score perfect 5s in Amazon.Com customer reviews. It scored 52 perfect scores out of 52 reviews.

Wax or polish?

GMjunkie suggested last year that I try Turtle Wax's "Ice", and I have found it to be truly a great product. Even with my back problems, it goes on and off without a struggle and it shines like . . . Glass. It's even better when you put on a second coat. :w

^
|
|
What Hib said!
And you can buy it through the Corvette Store at the NCM!

I use mostly Zaino products, they are excellent. Also, I will use Mothers- Showtime when I use their Claybar

ALL090.jpg

Thanks to all for their input. Glad to know Liquid Glass is still available. I did read the info on the forum about C-Magic also...and I have had a lot of people recommend the Zaino line of products.

Whatever I decide to try, I want to get the claybar and go over the car first for a really good cleaning. Given that, I may just order the Zaino kit and give it a shot.:)

I'll second Hib's recommendation on C-Magic. Our club went to the Museum a couple years ago and one of our members did the Experience. She had a red 99 couple just like you have. They used C-Magic and it looked absolutely fantastic when I saw it in the display area. That's what sold me. This past winter I claybarred mine and use C-Magic and it looks the best in the 10 years I've owned mine. If I did it right here's a picture of the finished product. IMG_0874.jpg

Ron
"Baldie88"

There are lots of good products out there, including those mentioned earlier. I like Adams Polishes as well. They make a complete line of products and they are designed to work with one another. Another product I like is Rejex, seems to last a bit longer than some other things I've tried.

americanawax018.jpg

Here is "Abby" after a clean up and application of "Liquid Ice"

Ice is a product from Turtle and it is by far the easiest car polish/wax I have ever used ;) and it works best after applying then letting sit in the sun while removing :dance

Bud

Note: One of the KEY things for good results is to use a "MICRO FIBER" Towel to remove wax/polish :dance

Attachments

• After Detail_02.jpg
    After Detail_02.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 182
  • After Detail_01.jpg
    After Detail_01.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 181
Man...you guys all have some beautiful cars there! Is there anything nicer than a detailed Corvette! Dang I love these cars!

Somebody mentioned Micro-fibre towels...only way to go.

I pulled the trigger on the Zaino kit. Ordered this morning. I'll report on how it goes. Will be trying it on my Vette (torch red) as well as my son's '05 350Z (charcoal gray). Hopefully have it by the first of the week.
:w

Did someone say Charcoal Grey :D

Here is RARE a real beauty :dance

Bud

Attachments

• 1316.jpg
    1316.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 168
  • Rare IIIa.jpg
    Rare IIIa.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 167
Yeah,Liquid Ice Polish,Liquid Ice Clay bar and Liquid Ice Car Wash works great on old grey cars!~!!

Attachments

• IMG_1795 (Small).JPG
    IMG_1795 (Small).JPG
    53.8 KB · Views: 177

I have used the Liquid Glass with GREAT success....also for shine and shows I use the "Surf City Garage" line of quick details and leather conditioning products...the Surf City line works EXTREMELY well and it smells great too...their leather conditioner is amazing on the interior...leaves the seats soft and supple....

just my .02 worth....

Jeff

Attachments

• Niagara Parkway & Harvest Moon 012.jpg
    Niagara Parkway & Harvest Moon 012.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 154
Have not done the Vette as yet, but my son and I did his Nissan 350Z this past Saturday with the Zaino products. A bit of work as we tried to follow the instructions to a "T" for the washing, claybar, washing again, and the various products (Z5, Z6 & Z2). My arm was ready to fall off but the car looked fantastic!

We did two coats of both the Z5 and the Z2 with an application of Z6 between each coat.

I noticed on the Zaino website that they do not recommend using micro-fibre towels at all (surprise to me...used them for years on other cars). Only 100% white cotton towels made in the U.S.A. Good luck finding a towel made in the U.S.A.! I needed to buy them so I figured I would do what the Zaino website suggested since they implied that towels made elsewhere are really not 100% cotton even though they say so. I can tell you for a fact...there are NO towels made in the U.S.A. in Parkersburg. I checked Belks, Elder Bierman, J.C. Penneys, Sears, Kmart, WalMart and Kohls. The Zaino website indicated Cannon towels or FieldCrest were brands to look for. Think again! Every towel I found made by Cannon was "Made in India". I never found anything with the FieldCrest name on them.

The ones made in India seemed to work just fine.

Autozone carries Liquid Glass. It has been around forever. I started using it several years ago after being disappointed by many of the latest and greatest products.

Autozone carries Liquid Glass. It has been around forever. I started using it several years ago after being disappointed by many of the latest and greatest products.

So true! The shine on many of the current favorites last exactly one washing. :mad

I use Adams and that product rocks; have used Zaino... both are great but I like the Adams much better.

(snip)Only 100% white cotton towels made in the U.S.A. Good luck finding a towel made in the U.S.A.! I needed to buy them so I figured I would do what the Zaino website suggested since they implied that towels made elsewhere are really not 100% cotton even though they say so. I can tell you for a fact...there are NO towels made in the U.S.A.(snip)

Terrycloth towels? Made in the USA?
:chuckle

Ya know, I thought about what I said earlier in response to the OP which asked about wax/polish...

On all my Vettes, I use a product called C-Magic.(snip)

While I do use C-Magic, I should as that it's a wax and not a polish. I differentiate between "waxes", "polishes" and products which combine both.

If I need to polish the surface, first, I like 3M Finesse II. It's pretty expensive, but it sure works. A pal of mine who owns Transhine Auto Detailing one of the biggest detail operations in the L.A. area (Auto Detailing, Paint Protection Film Los Angeles), told me about it. He said to first wash the car, then, while it's still wet, clay bar it, then polish it with Finesse and finally I wax it with C-Magic.

Afterwards, the car looks killer!:thumb

It seems C Magic and the Corvette Museum must have this cross-branding thing going on. Reminds me of GM and Mobil1. I'd guess the museum uses it for deliveries cus' they get it free. The probably get it free for the endorsement plus they sell a ton in the store. Nothing wrong with all that if they'd be up-front about it.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom